New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Will be used for the city, farm, and hauling some construction materials
    4 days sa city, and 3 days sa bundok
    Kaya naman nang 4x2 sa farm pero the thought of having a 4x4 for a few thousand more is tempting

Conquest 4x2 A/T
    Php1,582,000

+
    • Toyota
    • GD engine
    • Projector LED
    • Toyota Safety Sense
    • 360-degree camera
    • Lesser tech (?)

-
    • 4x2
    • Comfort
    • 3 airbags
    • Fabric seats

===============

Ranger Sport 4x4 A/T
    Php1,614,000

+
    • 4x4
    • Locking rear diff
    • Leather seats
    • 6 airbags

-
    • No driver assist
    • Huge infotainment screen, iba pa rin with buttons
    • More tech (?) Electric power steering, infotainment
    • No 360-degree camera. No rear parking sensors (why??)
    • 405Nm * 1750-2500 vs Conquest's 400Nm * 1600-2000. 2.0L engine not yet 'proven' (?)
    • Perceived Ford quality
    • Aftersales? Heard ridiculous casa prices
    • Aftermarket parts (?)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    you need 4x4.. get the ranger

3. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    The 4wd will be put in use to get you unstuck when you need additional traction.

Pickups have a long wheel base pa, kaya at a certain angle ng sharp turns, whether paakyat or pababa, minsan hindi kakayanin ng rear tires lang, lalo na kung may karga.
    ---> na witness ko ito sa isang curved na parking ramp sa mall. Spinning furiously yung rear tires ng pickup (halos umusok na) pero di siya makaakyat. He had to back up then bumwelo pa, turning a bit wider before he made it.

Yung mga 4x4 ng Hilux, nasa 2M to 1.8M.
    Kung di ka pihikan though, you can consider yung Hilux Fleet- 4x4 din, manual trans., at around 1.2M ang price.

Parang base, or even "J" model sa mga Vios. It won't be as pretty or have the bells and whistles of the "G" models, but it will serve its purpose. Mostly pang harabas/business use mo naman ata gagamitin, so secondary lang ang looks.

As for the Ford, I wouldn't buy one, at least not in this country. - My opinion lang.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    since you're in a construction field, go for the 4x4 truck. You will need it when the going gets tough especially when it rains in the mountains.

Or get a base Hilux J 4x4...Much cheaper but lesser features.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    is maximum payload a consideration? Since you plan to haul construction materials.

I was originally going to ask if the Dmax is out of the question, but after checking, I remembered they do not sell 1.9L engine in 4x4 trim, only 3.0. Reason I wanted to mention to check it out because we own the previous gen Dmax single cab but with the 1.9L engine. though it is a 4x2, we also bought it with the FB passenger (jeep type) config. Just recently, I loaded +/- 1000kgs weight load to the rear leaf springs, and based on spec sheet and LTO papers, I still have about 200kgs to spare after deducting weight of fuel and my own. Net weight of the Dmax listed as 1350kgs, GVW is written as 2700kgs. max payload being 1350kgs. AT models have lower payload, I think reduced by 100kgs, if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck, but among the two (hilux or ranger), I'd prefer peace of mind with the Toyota, if we are being utilitarian about it. Still not a fan of the suspension behavior when little to no load. hehe! But it is a pickup so expected tradeoff.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for the replies.

A Navara EL Calibre 4x2 is currently during the farm work, it will be replaced with this. I don't like driving it due to the huge A-pillar. Nothing really wrong with it except to upgrade for additional loading capacity, and creature comfort.

50pct of the time someone will be driving it, the other half take turns kami ni erpat. He doesn't want a M/T anymore, ako I don't mind. Recently got a loaner Hilux 1KD with 190K KMs on the original clutch and I drove it for two months, and I curse at it everytime there is traffic lmao.

The Hilux J 4x4 is even more bare than the Calibre so we didn't consider it. Also it's a manual.

There is a stereotype of Ford kasi diba na sirain, kaya we're kind of hesitating. Uncle's got a Raptor though and wala naman siya issues so far.

I haven't seen the Ranger personally yet. Ford can accommodate a test drive thru their website so baka ischedule ko na lang ito.

Baka others could chime in with their experience in the 2.0L single turbo 6AT Ranger or Everest?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Stretch the budget a bit for a VL 4x4, or VE A/T for more loading capacity.

Hilux and new Dmax/Mazda is more matagtag that the older Dmax/Colorado.

I will never touch a Ford or any American & Chinese brands due to parts, reliability, and i hate the light switch/control orientation.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Looking at pickups also. It was down to either a Ranger or Navara. Wifey likes the Ranger more. Good package na yung Ranger XLT 4x2 AT for what it offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    How about the base Ranger 4x4 M/T and then pimp it out?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    What if we include the TOTL 4x4 models?

D-Max 3.0 4X4 LS-E AT: 1,885,000
    Strada Athlete 2.4D 4WD A/T: 1,827,000
    Hilux Conquest 2.8 4x4 A/T: 1,957,000
    BT-50 4x4 AT: 1,790,000 (dressed D-Max?)

Decided to not include the Ranger anymore after some research online.

I recently borrowed a Conquest 4x4 for a few days. Mas comfortable nga talaga yung NP300 Calibre, pero there is something about the Hilux na confidence-inspiring dalhin. Matagtag lang talaga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast