Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    What if we include the TOTL 4x4 models?

D-Max 3.0 4X4 LS-E AT: 1,885,000
    Strada Athlete 2.4D 4WD A/T: 1,827,000
    Hilux Conquest 2.8 4x4 A/T: 1,957,000
    BT-50 4x4 AT: 1,790,000 (dressed D-Max?)

Decided to not include the Ranger anymore after some research online.

I recently borrowed a Conquest 4x4 for a few days. Mas comfortable nga talaga yung NP300 Calibre, pero there is something about the Hilux na confidence-inspiring dalhin. Matagtag lang talaga
    But the problem with Hilux, its about to be replaced by a newer model, nearing 10years na rin naman kasi.

Same with the NP300.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    But the problem with Hilux, its about to be replaced by a newer model, nearing 10years na rin naman kasi.

Same with the NP300.
    No issue naman kung hindi current model. We bought a 2KD Innova on 2016, outgoing model. Malaki discount plus the fact na the KD engine is proven that time already unlike in its first run here in 2005.

2016 pa ata yung current IMV platform? So may good three years pa before maging "obsolete". Sabi sa Wiki, the KD was released in 2001, while the GD is just this 2015. Similar with the YD25 of the NP300, same(?) engine din with the previous D40 IIRC.

Just came back from a Mitsu, and a Ford dealer. The GLS Strada is just okay? Halogens nga lang. Comparable sa Hilux G na medyo bare. I got to see the Strada Athlete also. Really, orange seats on a work pickup...? I don't like the controls of the Wildtrak, with the weird headlight switch, interior door handle, and the huge infotainment screen distracts the driver if you want to change something quickly. I think common ito for all their lineup even the Sport 4x4 we were initially looking.

Have yet to visit a Isuzu and a Mazda dealer.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Visited two Mazda dealers and all they can do for test drives are 4x2s. Still an improvment over Toyota where exactly 0 dealers can do a test drive

The BT-50 drives like an Isuzu? Well it is an Isuzu after all lol. I mean it drives similar to the Mu-X. Ride comfort is nowhere near the Navara but it is not bad. Better than the Conquest.

NVH I can hear the 4JJ3 more than the 1GD, I was surprised here. Bit more road noise too. Parang the BT50 has better forward visibility than the Conquest. They deleted the air vent cupholders though, what is Mazda thinking...

I thought the Pangolin wheels are ugly but when viewed personally it started to grow on me. Might look better with AT tires.

Asked if I can just get the regular 4x4 and add na lang yung included fender flares and roller lid sa Pangolin but they are not available separately daw...?

The red is s3xy (why is this censored lmao). Looks like a CX-9 up front. Di masyado brusko, and it can blend in the city after farm work.

Decisions

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Anyone with the current D-Max or BT-50 with the 4JJ3 engine?

I was reading other discussion boards for the D-Max and found a worrying post: 2020 D Max Steering is dangerous

TLDR: several reports of a too-sensitive Isuzu ADAS (lane assists, emergency braking) causing dangerous driving conditions.

I remembered watching some local reviews of the D-Max, that the sensors are indeed on the sensitive side.

I am not sure if you can turn off these assists completely for the D-Max. A video tells that the emergency brake will turn on the next time the vehicle restarts.

You can turn off the lane departure assist, and the yaw assist on the Hilux. And it will remember your setting if the vehicle restarts. It does not have emergency braking though.

The one I did a test drive was a BT-50 4x2, so it does not have any driver assist

Thoughts? I believe the Toyotas use a radar + camera, while the Isuzu uses dual cameras for their safety suites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12