New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Di naman... I'm just one of the very few actually interested in on-road pick-up performance...

Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    sa engine power: Navara
    The Navara has more power on paper, but it's still not as powerful as the Ranger 3.0. There's less response below 2000 rpm (even though the turbo supposedly spools up at 1800 rpm) and the "170 hp" version runs out of puff at 3500 rpm. The 3.0s still have a wider powerband and more useable power...

But then... we're talking about the 4x2s. the 4x2 Navara has "only" 144hp, just a few ponies more than the 4x2 Ranger 2.5, which I've timed to the same 0-100 km/h time as I achieved in the Navara 4x4. Part of that may have something to do with the fact that the Ranger is a few hundred kilos lighter than the 4x4 Navara, though.

And that's not to say the Navara isn't fast. At higher speeds, that extra horsepower will matter a lot, but in traffic and at legal road speeds (between 60-100 km/h), it doesn't really have much of an advantage over the Ranger.
    Last edited by niky; December 26th, 2009 at 03:24 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Try to consider also the following pick up models :
    1). Ford Ranger Trekker
    2). Mazda BT-50
    3). Isuzu D- Max 4x2
    4). Nissan Navarra

The Hi-lux and the Strada 4x2 Variants still uses the obsolete and unreliable timing belt in their engines. The above mentioned pick ups uses timing chain in their DOHC drives.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    To the Thread starter....

Let me clarify some things regarding on why you should choose the strada by using a post of our friend here CARLover17....

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOver17 View Post
    Hilux 2.5 G has more toys and accessories than the Strada 2.5 GLX.The 4x2 Hilux is fuly loaded while Strada isnt.
    Yes, I agree....but considering the price of the 2.5G hilux between the strada GLX it already has a big margin......big enough to fully "accessorized" your strada GLX from the wheels to the Roof...

Strada is best if your looking for a 4x4 city sleeker.
    Exactly as what others have mentioned..

But if your going for the 4x2, mountainous terrain or such, Strada is not the choice.
    but this I have to disagree...

See the white and silver strada? those are both 4x2's that sir ianmitsulancer was talking about..... tackling one of the many landslide areas of Halsema Highway in mountain province.....unfortunately we wasn't able to take pics on the muddy portions because we don't want mud splashing all over the interior....

to sum it up....both pickups could really perform well....its just a matter of what your needs are....ask both owners of it and I can say they are all satisfied with their own respective trucks......But then again it just all boils down to you.....Choose Well my friend...

Happy New year!! ^__^
    Last edited by locoroco777; December 28th, 2009 at 01:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sa speed ok naman ang hilux at strada diba locorocco? hehehe kahit sa sabi sa spec sheet na 102hp lang ang hilux may ibubuga naman

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    sa speed ok naman ang hilux at strada diba locorocco? hehehe kahit sa sabi sa spec sheet na 102hp lang ang hilux may ibubuga naman
    yup....I can attest to that...proven ko nayan with Kevin's truck nagkasabayan na kami minsan sa NLEX

another is that it has the same engine as the innova's which we currently own....and we are also more than satisfied with it.....but the thing that is im wondering about eh bakit inde nila inaadvertise na turbo yung 2.5?(anu nga yung engine code kevs?) eh kitang kita naman yung turbo pag binuksan yung makina

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    yup....I can attest to that...proven ko nayan with Kevin's truck nagkasabayan na kami minsan sa NLEX

another is that it has the same engine as the innova's which we currently own....and we are also more than satisfied with it.....but the thing that is im wondering about eh bakit inde nila inaadvertise na turbo yung 2.5?(anu nga yung engine code kevs?) eh kitang kita naman yung turbo pag binuksan yung makina
    most people don't care? hehe.

and nowadays halos lahat na ng diesels sold, turbocharged na. ang hindi nalang ata e yung 4D56 ng L300 versa at Advie.

And yes, stradas aren't slouches in off roading either - I've seen stradas swim in stock form (Not talking about Ondoy.)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

baka gusto nila patago hehehe kunwari mabagal

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    most people don't care? hehe.

and nowadays halos lahat na ng diesels sold, turbocharged na. ang hindi nalang ata e yung 4D56 ng L300 versa at Advie.

And yes, stradas aren't slouches in off roading either - I've seen stradas swim in stock form (Not talking about Ondoy.)
    well that explains it somehow...hehehe.....yup the strada can really swim mud and river...hehehe....include mo na pati nung ondoy...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    baka gusto nila patago hehehe kunwari mabagal
    hehe why not? pwede rin...

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    The Ranger 2.5 is a good option to consider. Tested the 2.5 engine (in the new Everest though) and it is just superb. The 2.5 Hilux though is no slouch even if it looks anemic on paper. The Strada though is really tough to beat in price/performance so I'd go for the GLX on this one. Just upgrade to thicker tires and some other mods and you're all set.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The horsepower ratings would help at the top end. The 2.5 liter strada and hilux can reach 160 and beyond, but the strada will probably reach it sooner.

but then again, it's the torque that really matters! that's why we love our diesels

The innova (with the D-4D) is great to drive. Lots of torque and power plus refinement, it's really a generation away from the 4Ja1 and this N/A ranger I'm driving.

But here are even more powerful diesels out there. The innova tops out at around 160, but the "fastest speed in a diesel vehicle" thread has tsikoteers posting speeds twice that of the legal NLEX/SCTEX limit

well that explains it somehow...hehehe.....yup the strada can really swim mud and river...hehehe....include mo na pati nung ondoy...hehehe
    pati mga sedan nag swim in stock form nung ondoy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
hilux 2.5 G vs. strada 2.5 glx