New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    The horsepower ratings would help at the top end. The 2.5 liter strada and hilux can reach 160 and beyond, but the strada will probably reach it sooner.
    yup....HP rating dictates the topend....However I'm not sure about the top speed of the hilux 2.5 exceeding 160 Kph...because our innova which has the same engine has a pinned downed speedometer at 160 Kph, 162 Kph pag may downward slope...hehe....anybody can confirm it with the hilux?

but then again, it's the torque that really matters! that's why we love our diesels
    Right on bro! God Bless RUDOLF!! (not the red nose rain deer, the diesel)

pati mga sedan nag swim in stock form nung ondoy!
    kulang na nga lang yung mga yamaha boat engines saka fishing rod pwedeng pwede na isabak sa pangingisda eh...hehe....haaay lets just all make fun about it BTW...masyado lang disturbing pag iisipin pa natin yung mga bad things na nangyari during that time......

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yesterday i texted both my sales agents in mitsubishi and toyota, thinking that whoever is the first one to call me will be my choice..the s.a. from toyota called me up and asked me if i'd made up my mind to order the hilux..when i said yes he told me to wait for his call because he will look for a hilux in other casas for toyota alabang has no stock..sad to say no stock even in other showrooms and told me to wait till next month..

as to the advice of sir locoroco777, better to wait for the hilux.. i think i'll take that..

i've been back reading the strada thread and i really am happy with the way the members are relating with each other and that's one reason i want to have a strada and join the club with their activities and outreach programs.. i salute you guys and keep it up!!!

thank you to those who replied and gave their insights on my inquiry..
    happy new year to all tsikoteers..!!!
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sorry double post..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Strada is cheaper, more compact (it's a compact pickup).

Navara on the other hand is a midsize pickup. Hence, it's longer, wider, ergo the arresting presence on the road. That of course means it also is more expensive (200K more). It must be the weight distribution because it can also attack corners with better precision.

If I have the budget, I'd definitely get a Navara though Strada GLX is also okay for me. One thing I really like about Navara is the fuel consumption for such a large vehicle.

The most serious problem posted by the owners at the Strada thread that can render the engine dead was the SCV issue but it's really a minor thing apparently caused by fuel impurities (which perhaps can be remedied by a better fuel filter if it is so). Even if it’s out of warranty, it’s just cheap, around 16-18k probably after 3years. Minor quirks of the strada that you should expect when you drive out of the dealership are the uneven height, the other side being higher than the other, squeaky shocks, steering column issues, and the Right-hand drive Handbrake (it would be nice if they sell a proper LHD console). GLX used to be the best deal of the lot, until the safety features were deleted as basic as ABS.

Nissan Navara however, so far, doesn't have such problem that I know of. Being a massive midsize pickup, it is a couple of hundred thousand more than the GLX. It is worth I think as you get more metal and raw power for your money with features like ABS, EBD, Brake Assist (power brakes) and more importantly, road presence. If the Strada looks super ***y, Navara looks mighty bad ass especially in Black and very elegant but still bad ass in White. Astig is the word for that truck. hehehe.

EuroNCAP tested both Navara and Strada (Hilux isn't sold in Europe I think). Navara scored only 3-stars and Strada, 4-stars in frontal impact. Navara only edged Strada in child safety, something to consider if you travel with a child, and pedestrian protection, which is good when bump someone accidentally. Ranger has the best engine in my opinion having all that German technology underneath (Bosch and BorgWarner) though its shell is just not there yet.

So for me, Navara or Strada or Ranger if you want a serious go-anywhere LSD equipped 4x2 truck. Both Navara and Strada are more comfort oriented and hence are more spacious. I tried sitting at the back of the Ranger and having long legs is quite a problem as your knees will have to be squeezed in.

So, in a nutshell, Navara (fully loaded in 4x2 & 4x4) or Strada. Ranger if one has a primary car already.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Strada is cheaper, more compact (it's a compact pickup).

Navara on the other hand is a midsize pickup. Hence, it's longer, wider, ergo the arresting presence on the road. That of course means it also is more expensive (200K more). It must be the weight distribution because it can also attack corners with better precision.

If I have the budget, I'd definitely get a Navara though Strada GLX is also okay for me. One thing I really like about Navara is the fuel consumption for such a large vehicle.

The most serious problem posted by the owners at the Strada thread that can render the engine dead was the SCV issue but it's really a minor thing apparently caused by fuel impurities (which perhaps can be remedied by a better fuel filter if it is so). Even if it’s out of warranty, it’s just cheap, around 16-18k probably after 3years. Minor quirks of the strada that you should expect when you drive out of the dealership are the uneven height, the other side being higher than the other, squeaky shocks, steering column issues, and the Right-hand drive Handbrake (it would be nice if they sell a proper LHD console). GLX used to be the best deal of the lot, until the safety features were deleted as basic as ABS.

Nissan Navara however, so far, doesn't have such problem that I know of. Being a massive midsize pickup, it is a couple of hundred thousand more than the GLX. It is worth I think as you get more metal and raw power for your money with features like ABS, EBD, Brake Assist (power brakes) and more importantly, road presence. If the Strada looks super ***y, Navara looks mighty bad ass especially in Black and very elegant but still bad ass in White. Astig is the word for that truck. hehehe.

EuroNCAP tested both Navara and Strada (Hilux isn't sold in Europe I think). Navara scored only 3-stars and Strada, 4-stars in frontal impact. Navara only edged Strada in child safety, something to consider if you travel with a child, and pedestrian protection, which is good when bump someone accidentally. Ranger has the best engine in my opinion having all that German technology underneath (Bosch and BorgWarner) though its shell is just not there yet.

So for me, Navara or Strada or Ranger if you want a serious go-anywhere LSD equipped 4x2 truck. Both Navara and Strada are more comfort oriented and hence are more spacious. I tried sitting at the back of the Ranger and having long legs is quite a problem as your knees will have to be squeezed in.

So, in a nutshell, Navara (fully loaded in 4x2 & 4x4) or Strada. Ranger if one has a primary car already.
    Konting correction, sir. The Strada 4x2 has no rear LSD. Also, 4x2's cannot do serious go-anywhere even if they're LSD equipped unless they're accompanied by 4x4's with towstraps.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the correction sir. I'll keep that in mind (re: LSD 4x2).

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *Horsepower: lol * the ***y vs. badass analogy
    *locoroco777: he had a very shiny nose!

Quote Originally Posted by ydreph962 View Post
    yesterday i texted both my sales agents in mitsubishi and toyota, thinking that whoever is the first one to call me will be my choice..the s.a. from toyota called me up and asked me if i'd made up my mind to order the hilux..when i said yes he told me to wait for his call because he will look for a hilux in other casas for toyota alabang has no stock..sad to say no stock even in other showrooms and told me to wait till next month..

as to the advice of sir locoroco777, better to wait for the hilux.. i think i'll take that..

i've been back reading the strada thread and i really am happy with the way the members are relating with each other and that's one reason i want to have a strada and join the club with their activities and outreach programs.. i salute you guys and keep it up!!!

thank you to those who replied and gave their insights on my inquiry..
    happy new year to all tsikoteers..!!!
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    Sir, what trim level are you getting? Pics of your new ride when it comes!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    mali ng post -- sorry
    Last edited by redoctober; October 31st, 2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: ..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
hilux 2.5 G vs. strada 2.5 glx