New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
Results 571 to 580 of 580
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,016
    #571
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    OT, but guy in casa said I should change the timing chain. Is this true?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    i would consult the maintenance schedule to confirm..

    timing chains last a very long time... maybe 500K km...
    symptoms pertaining to timing chain malfunction are, simply, "engine does not run nor start as smoothly as before".
    but yeah, non-specific manifestations.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,604
    #572
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i would consult the maintenance schedule to confirm..

    timing chains last a very long time... maybe 500K km...
    symptoms pertaining to timing chain malfunction are, simply, "engine does not run nor start as smoothly as before".
    but yeah, non-specific manifestations.
    No problems like that. Car easily starts & engine isnít noisy but yeah,Iíll check the manual. Thank you doc.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,661
    #573
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    OT, but guy in casa said I should change the timing chain. Is this true?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not sure of the interval. Any valve train noise pa inspect mo na lng..

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,604
    #574
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Not sure of the interval. Any valve train noise pa inspect mo na lng..
    Figured its just marketing bs by the casa although I donít have my pms done there anymore.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,988
    #575
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    OT, but guy in casa said I should change the timing chain. Is this true?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    medyo na weird lang ako sa casa guy. not unless maingay or may iba pa physical manifestation parang masyado maaga ang 100k sa palit timing chain. noong araw ang timing belt nga recommended palitan 80-100k kms. yung mga toyota ngayon 150k km pa palit ng timing belt. so not unless puro engine brake at hard acceleration ka i do not think you will prematurely wear out a timing chain

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,604
    #576
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    medyo na weird lang ako sa casa guy. not unless maingay or may iba pa physical manifestation parang masyado maaga ang 100k sa palit timing chain. noong araw ang timing belt nga recommended palitan 80-100k kms. yung mga toyota ngayon 150k km pa palit ng timing belt. so not unless puro engine brake at hard acceleration ka i do not think you will prematurely wear out a timing chain
    Usually SLEX STAR, going 100 kph & fastest 140 & no jack rabbits. I should ease up a bit at this point.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,661
    #577
    Over 500,000km

    LF 2022 models

    20210920_151104.jpg

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,988
    #578
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Over 500,000km

    LF 2022 models

    20210920_151104.jpg
    impressive. what vehicle is that?

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,661
    #579
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    impressive. what vehicle is that?
    It's a Boeing 747.. hyundai elantra

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,553
    #580
    dirty old monty still up and running. now a full time farm service up in the boondockshigh mileage cars - what's the clock of ur odometer?

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
high mileage cars - what's the clock of ur odometer?