New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    By the way, sa price range na yan. Might as well consider the swift. Better handling than mirage, but slightly cramped interior.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    sabi ko nga sa kanya and she nodded na bumili na lang ng bago para wala masyadong sakit sa ulo pagdating sa maintenance (for as long as masunod yung PMS ng future car niya)

so to summarize, eto ang choices ko na pwede niyang piliin na subcompact cars:

- Toyota Wigo G (either manual or auto) (top choice)
    - Mistubishi Mirage HB GLX (manual or CVT) (#2 choice)
    - Kia Picanto (1.2 EX manual or 1.2 EX auto)
    - Hyundai grand i10 1.0E (manual or CVT)

I might throw in the Hyundai Eon and Chevy Spark as well, pero it will depend kung gusto niya (and kung recommended din sa inyo). Isasama niya ako sa pagcanvass ng cars BTW.

Also, how can we get those cars through bank via car loan? Paano ba ang kalakaran nito sa pagkuha ng kotse sa mga dealer?

(Sorry, I will not recommend getting her a car through in-house financing ng mga car dealers even if pinaka-priority ang kukuha nito just to get the car faster, since AFAIK, her company will shoulder part of the car purchase).
    Here's a comparison review of the Mirage CVT vs the Celerio CVT, and the Celerio beats the Mirage in a lot of key aspects such as space, comfort and fuel economy. It's in your best interest to include the new Celerio in your list.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    By the way, sa price range na yan. Might as well consider the swift. Better handling than mirage, but slightly cramped interior.
    The Swift is above his 600K Php budget though. They actually facelifted the Swift recently and it now has a touchscreen headunit among other things, but it also incurred a price hike of 20K Php and they removed the steering wheel audio controls. Iirc, it's now 628K Php for the manual and 668K Php for the automatic. Used to be 608K and 648K respectively without discount. I got my Swift 1.2 AT two months ago for 608K Php (got a 40K discount since I bought it cash).

To be honest, I was in the same conundrum as TS as I was looking for a supermini for days when I need a small car. I actually had the Mirage CVT GLS, Grand i10 1.0 S and Honda Jazz 1.5 V in my shortlist along with the Swift 1.2 AT. Despite being the least spacious, the Swift's looks and driving dynamics won me over. Was definitely the most fulfilling to drive. Also helps that it was relatively cheap because the Jazz was just so spacious and versatile. No competition in those areas, but fell short on a few things: 1) its handling isn't sporty and fun at all despite its lower ride height and bigger 1.5 engine, which didn't provide as good a throttle response and kick at lower revs which is an important fun factor for city driving. 2) ride quality is only marginally improved over the previous-gen Jazz and the Jazz is known for having a so-so ride; would rate it below the Swift and Grand i10 in terms of comfort and ride. 3) it was 150K++ Php more expensive than my other options.

Here's a shameless plug of my Swift. Face it, it's arguably the sharpest looking supermini under 700K Php.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^Vios * 590K is the base variant (targeted towards Fleet and available in white only). They will only give a fixed 5K discount for this bec. it has the highest sales among all variants.

Depending on the discount of the season, you can get a better deal with the Vios J (available in more colors, power windows, hub caps, cloth upholstery, etc).
    yung base variant ng Vios may available din na silver (or gray) na color.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    pero lampas 600k na siya di ba (kung malaki lang ang discount niya, pwede pa) kung hindi malaki ang discount, baka sa Celerio na lang.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I am also thinking of the Brio, pero nasa 600k range na siya at baka hindi magustuhan ng friend ko yung looks niya.

update sa list ng choices ng subcompact cars:
    - Toyota Wigo G (either manual or auto) (top choice)
    - Mistubishi Mirage HB GLX (manual or CVT) (#2 choice)
    - Kia Picanto (1.2 EX manual or 1.2 EX auto)
    - Hyundai grand i10 1.0E (manual or CVT)

shoo-ins:
    - Mistubishi Mirage G4 GLX (manual or CVT) [pero nasa 600k range na siya]
    - Suzuki Swift 1.2 (manual or CVT) [like the Mirage G4, nasa 600k range na rin siya]

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Why not the celerio cvt?

You get the fuel efficiency of the mirage plus the spacious interior of the wigo.

All for the price that is cheaper than both. Hehe

Reliability wise find a dealer that has a good track record for after sales service.

Was initially looking at the mirage cvt but when suzuki released the new cvt. I tried all of them and got the celerio. Tall passengers will be happy :-)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Maganda nga reviews nang bagong Suzuki Celerio overall sa mini cars ngayon. Good handling at suspension not to mention the fc also.Helping for a friend: best subcompact cars for 500k

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Maganda nga reviews nang bagong Suzuki Celerio overall sa mini cars ngayon. Good handling at suspension not to mention the fc also.Helping for a friend: best subcompact cars for 500k
    May Philippine review na brod?
    Alam mu naman kung FC lang ang usapan, yung heavy traffic sa ibang bansa eh very light lang sa Edsa/Makati/C5.
    Wag din natin kalimutan ang walang kaparis na mga lubak natin sa kalsada.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Wala pang review dito sa atin sir. Sa ibang bansa pa. Celerio at Mirage cvt's comparo. Si Celerio 5.8ltr/100kms at Mirage 6.8ltr/100kms yata. Not exactly sure pero ito yun naalala ko sir na figure. Overall rating better si Celerio. Yun head room,handling,suspension at fc.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    May Philippine review na brod?
    Alam mu naman kung FC lang ang usapan, yung heavy traffic sa ibang bansa eh very light lang sa Edsa/Makati/C5.
    Wag din natin kalimutan ang walang kaparis na mga lubak natin sa kalsada.
    May reviews sa india. Road quality and traffic are comparable dito i guess (might even be worse).

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast