New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi Guys, I badly need your help. I am currently confused which car should I choose? I am limiting my choices between the 2.4 L 4x2 Rav 4 or the 2.7 L 4x2 Fortuner. IF ever man, what will you choose between the two and why?

Follow up question, Is it still practical to get the Rav 4 by this time? When will they release the updated version if ever that they will update the current model of Rav4?

I will surely appreciate your opinions about this guys

Thanks!
    Last edited by The Prince; October 18th, 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Additional Info

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What are your preferences? Do you tend to haul a lot? Considering that their performance numbers are pretty similar, the Rav4 is obviously the better performing of the two. But the Fortuner should be more heavy duty, the added space and seating capacity is also a plus.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    The RAV4's body model is already too old but still class leading but that was years ago, or for that matter, class lead its segment.

although if you compare it to the Fort, it has passed global safety ratings which the fort has passed non.

Performance wise? Power to weight ratio, the Rav4 has it. it has 170hp compared to the Fort's 160hp. but the fort has 20nm more Torque.

Style? It's up to your eyes. But the Fort looks better imo.

I'd take the Fort.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ah okay. I am not really into space. I am just confused which of the two is better since I will be trading my old Tucson CRDI 4x4 between the two options mentioned. Bro, do you have any idea when will they release the new Rav4?

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    New RAV4, probably next year but no clear date.

Kung gusto mo Fortuner at least naka-level up and naka upgrade ka... besides there are single guys out there own a Fortuner. That third row is useful for that requesite barkada trips.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see... If so, then the Rav4 may be the better choice as compared to the more unrefined Fortuner. But then, the gas mileage of these two would be vastly inferior to your Tucson. So far Toyota has not announced when the new Rav4 will reach us. But if its the current one available in the US, then it really isn't much of an upgrade. I suggest you open up to other options as well.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Kung gusto mo Fortuner at least naka-level up and naka upgrade ka... besides there are single guys out there own a Fortuner. That third row is useful for that requesite barkada trips.
    Isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit ayaw ko magdala ng 7 seater.

Kung pwede 2-seater lang para walang sasabay e

I'd take the Rav-4. Safer, refined, comfortable, nice features. Sa tagal ng 3rd gen Rav-4 dito sa Pinas, nung Toyota Caravan ko lang nakita yung interior nun. Ok pala ;)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Rav 4 din ang choice ko. It's the more classier between the two. Nasa needs mo naman. Ako I don't need the extra space that Fortuner has to offer. Kaya I go for the image, and for me mas maganda hatak ng Rav 4.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unless you're going through a lot of bad roads, Rav 4 me. Better FC and comfort, not common.

HELP! Toyota Rav 4 2.4 L 4x2 vs Toyota Fortuner 2.7 L 4x2