New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hey guys it's time tanungin na natin si ms nicci what did she bought baka judge na siya eh buhay pa rin ang thread na 'to
    simply put, for me the match is honda hatch vs toyota hatch... Vios? well let's see how it matches with the 2009 Honda City
    peace

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    *double post*
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 16th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    didnt i say its just plain reliable? you did not ask if how do you know its reliable? you just kept on saying "its the H emblem" or "because its honda" is not a viable thing for you. YOU DID NOT ASK ME. so you are just waiting for me to explain? im no mind reader.
    That goes for a lot of people here; we're not mind readers. That's why saying "because it's a Honda" doesn't mean much, unless you elaborate. What is a Honda, anyway? It's a five-letter name, like Mazda or Skoda. What you say after blurting out "because it's a Honda" is what fleshes out your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789
    im tired of these people that put down honda just because they dont like the marketing and dwelling on isolated cases.
    It's equally tiring to hear people recommend a Honda "just because". Like I said, there's more to a Honda than just the name. Surely you know that, otherwise you wouldn't even be suggesting one.

"Get it because it's a Honda. Period." -- kumbaga sa pagkain, ampaw yung statement eh. Where's the substance? It doesn't do justice to the brand being pushed, and it's not particularly helpful. It's not even a thinking person's answer.

If anything, sagot ng tamad yan. And I refuse to believe that Honda owners are lazy.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... personal experience?

Honda front ball joints are sensitive. Not as bad as the Galant, but easy to break. Of course, I'm of the opinion that all Japanese compact cars have weak suspensions.

I've never met an old Honda AT that drove worth a hill of beans. Grungy... gritty... lots of shift shock... I grit my teeth whenever I have to drive an old Civic or Accord with an AT. If only their ATs were as sweet as their MTs.

Honda EG models = roof and fender rust. Every single time. My cousin had one. While we were repainting it, there were at least two or three others with the same issue at or around the shop in Evang we used to go to.

Honda cam position sensor recall, anyone? Used to be, we thought that the only 2000 to 2005 car that suffered from cam position sensor problems was the Lynx... then, belatedly, Honda issues a recall on the Civic's version. And that on top of the gas tank strap recall.

Strange to hear the word "engine mounts" mentioned in relation to the CR-V. mbt has replaced his a couple of times, already. Irritates the hell out of him.

I'll reiterate, though... Honda engines are tough mothers... and powerful. You can abuse them a lot and they'll still run. I've seen one Civic suffer three or four catastrophic overheats with no engine damage. mbt relates how his driver drove their Accord all the way home with the needle pegged to the red zone... just to have the radiator explode in the garage. No engine damage... amazing.

----

*marcons:
    If you have conviction in your position and your decisions, you'll be able to justify them. If your only defense is to get angry... that's a poor defense.

Personally, I'm not on either side of the argument. I'm no believer in the "Honda hype", but I have respect for their products that are good. In fact, I'll be the first to tell you that the B16 and the K20 are amongst the best non-turbo engines ever made, and that the DC5 Honda Integra Type R is probably one of the finest sports cars ever made.

But again... when you recommend the Jazz... you don't recommend it just because it's a Honda... you recommend it because it's good.
    Last edited by niky; November 17th, 2008 at 02:03 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    swift gwapo jazz cute

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    jazz..is good but sadly over priced.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    That goes for a lot of people here; we're not mind readers. That's why saying "because it's a Honda" doesn't mean much, unless you elaborate. What is a Honda, anyway? It's a five-letter name, like Mazda or Skoda. What you say after blurting out "because it's a Honda" is what fleshes out your statement.

It's equally tiring to hear people recommend a Honda "just because". Like I said, there's more to a Honda than just the name. Surely you know that, otherwise you wouldn't even be suggesting one.

"Get it because it's a Honda. Period." -- kumbaga sa pagkain, ampaw yung statement eh. Where's the substance? It doesn't do justice to the brand being pushed, and it's not particularly helpful. It's not even a thinking person's answer.

If anything, sagot ng tamad yan. And I refuse to believe that Honda owners are lazy.
    this is going round and round, and taking it no where.

simply put, there nothing wrong with opinion on other makers/models but to have an opinion that bashes the car maker... that makes it irrelevant. take a read on how you replied.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... personal experience?

Honda front ball joints are sensitive. Not as bad as the Galant, but easy to break. Of course, I'm of the opinion that all Japanese compact cars have weak suspensions.

I've never met an old Honda AT that drove worth a hill of beans. Grungy... gritty... lots of shift shock... I grit my teeth whenever I have to drive an old Civic or Accord with an AT. If only their ATs were as sweet as their MTs.

Honda EG models = roof and fender rust. Every single time. My cousin had one. While we were repainting it, there were at least two or three others with the same issue at or around the shop in Evang we used to go to.

Honda cam position sensor recall, anyone? Used to be, we thought that the only 2000 to 2005 car that suffered from cam position sensor problems was the Lynx... then, belatedly, Honda issues a recall on the Civic's version. And that on top of the gas tank strap recall.

Strange to hear the word "engine mounts" mentioned in relation to the CR-V. mbt has replaced his a couple of times, already. Irritates the hell out of him.

I'll reiterate, though... Honda engines are tough mothers... and powerful. You can abuse them a lot and they'll still run. I've seen one Civic suffer three or four catastrophic overheats with no engine damage. mbt relates how his driver drove their Accord all the way home with the needle pegged to the red zone... just to have the radiator explode in the garage. No engine damage... amazing.
    of course, there are negative feed backs on car makers, hell, even german cars even have them but our family has a lot of hondas and it never gave us problems thats why we are very satisfied with the brand to the extent that we are loyalists.

the engine mounts in our CR-V has not experienced those problems you said. on the A/T side, we dont have much A/T's, in fact the only A/T's we have is the cr-v and galant 96 and the cr-v at does not lock when we go uphill.

im not claiming that honda is perfect but choosing cars for reliability, then its a honda for us.

and o ya, the k20 engine... is not that reliable on track. ask racing racing boys from the south and they will tell you its not their preferred engine but for daily driven, its an ok engine.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hey nicci sad to know til now wla pa rin reply from you kung ano talaga nabili mo? before going overboard on the issue of choosing swift, jazz o vios, best appearance goes to swift, reliable engines to honda while economist choice goes definitely to VIOS. 5 seater na may baggage pa. nice retractable side mirrors. mabuhay tayong lahat, depende sa preference lng yan.... agreee?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
HELP! suzuki swift, honda jazz or toyota vios?