New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... guess it depends on perspective. I will agree that it is better than the Corolla of the time, and possibly the fully loaded Sentra Exalta SLA or STA... I still feel the Civic is somewhat superior... but since I haven't driven either the 96-00 VTi or the GSR for quite a while, I can't say for sure.

The GSR's road manners are very good, though... I feel it strikes the proper balance between ride comfort and agility. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think handling-wise, it's just about neck to neck with the Civic. it only losses points when it comes to body rigidity. that's why it (the civic) feels more solid. Lancers are more makalampag than the Civics of same era. but handling and ride, just about as good IMO.
    Last edited by basti08; October 9th, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the newer GSR body although I'm not too fond of second vehicles equipped with A/T (IMO - buying it is a bit risky moreso that this is not your regular A/T unit).

Though if you are looking for other choices, look for a Ford Lynx instead.

Also, not a really a fan of underbones.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks po sa lahat ng response nyo... Now its getting clear. Ok din yung suggestion ni sir mazdamazda na ford lynx. Isa din yun sa mga type kong tsikot. ahm,add ko lang po. How about civic hatch EG with a brand new CBR 150 repsol? will that be a good choice between the above choices?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Sir still up to you kng anu feel mo..

IMHO
    Take the older gsr...why..madami na magpost kng bakit...
    sweet deal na yung raider 150 cc engine..
    the bike itself is a sweet deal...
    just invest on your gears wag magtipid!!!!!!!

and 2 rides for the price of one..,.still sounds nice

check mo n lng kung okmtlga ung makina at ala ka papalitan..
    kumbaga sasakyan n lng.....

and xmpre mas maganda my auto at tormuts....
    raider is one of ther best underbones aroyund....
    like sugessted mas mgnda cbr padin hahaha

and mas tipid sa gas tormuts..wahahah

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While the EG hatch was a nice car during its time, consider that its time was over ten years ago. That generation of Civic was notorious for rust, so double check any secondhand unit you look at.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi, my Wife has a 97 GSR which I occasionally use.
    100k on the Odo Manual.

Easy to Maintain and Easy to find Parts, Though My Mecahic says (A Retired Chief Mechanic from Citimotors) 97 GSR have a different Clutch Master, 2 Mechanic na nagsabi sa akin na mahirap i bleed etc. Proven ko na iyon dahil dati buong araw siya nagble bleed. Pero LAte 98 pataas daw iba na.

I dont like the INVECS. Looks like a sure headache when it becomes old.
    But I like its styling though.

On the side
    I use to own an SiR and the GSR handles better for me.
    I think the GSR is a well Balance Car when it comes to Handling.

For me Ditch the motorcycle pang paayos ng sasakyan like Timing belt Brake pads, etc.
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; October 27th, 2007 at 04:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    may gsr din ako nuon. 98 model. gustong-gusto ko sya as in. itong june ko lang yata nabenta yun. mas type ko din ang m/t lang kesa sa invecs. walang problema sa budget kung magpapa repair ka trany. kahit sa tabi-tabing shop kaya nila ayusin. unlike sa invecs i ca-casa pa. saka mas matipid pa sa gas kumpara sa invecs. hindi lang talaga sya tulad ng tipid ng vtec honda.

kung gusto mo naman mag mukhang modelo ng konti gsr mo. palitan mo lang trunk and tail lights na pang mirage ok na.

tama si sir m2. sana mapansin mo din yung ford lynx. mas may class ang dating kumpara sa mga ordinary japs car.kung wala ka naman plano ibenta sya in the near future. walang problema sa resale value. for sure ma enjoy mo sya. class din ng interior. lalo ghia.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks po ulet sa mga nagreresponse. i really appreciate your opinions and suggestions. ahm sir LexTer. Matanong ko lang po. hindi po ba magastos ang maintainance ng ford lynx? Parts and service? kasi di po ba american manufactured car yun? Madali ba yun ipaayos at palitan ang parts if ever may masira?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
help po!!! GSR 97-99 w/ raider r 150 or 2001-2003 GSR mdl?