New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello mga bossing good day. Ask lang sana ako ng advise & opinion ninyo. I am planning to purchase a 2nd hand car. My choices are Toyota Altis 1.6G and 2007 Honda CR-V EX.

Which is better in terms of FC and Maintenance? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ewanko View Post
    Hello mga bossing good day. Ask lang sana ako ng advise & opinion ninyo. I am planning to purchase a 2nd hand car. My choices are Toyota Altis 1.6G and 2007 Honda CR-V EX.

The Altis will be better in terms of fuel consumption and easier to maintain. You can consider a Civic.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I will always go with the newer car..

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    How many Kms driven on each? Do you know their history and or owners? There’s a lot of factors on buying a car, especially used cars.

My simple answer to you assuming they’re both in good conditions is, if you need a daily drive car in a traffic congested area, then go for the Altis as it’s more fuel efficient. Now, if you need to drive in a traffic congested, bumpy uneven AND flood prone areas, then the CRV for obvious reasons. FC wouldn’t matter much if you wouldn’t able to cross and pass the road, because you have to find a roundabout to reach your destination. That’s extra time and fuel!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ewanko View Post

Simple question, simple answer

FC : Altis... 6.5km/L city drive
    Maintenance : Altis... But rack n pinion is 37k

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Altis will be better in terms of fuel consumption and easier to maintain. You can consider a Civic.
    Ok Sir salamat sa recommendation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    I will always go with the newer car..
    Noted Sir. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    How many Kms driven on each? Do you know their history and or owners? There’s a lot of factors on buying a car, especially used cars.

My simple answer to you assuming they’re both in good conditions is, if you need a daily drive car in a traffic congested area, then go for the Altis as it’s more fuel efficient. Now, if you need to drive in a traffic congested, bumpy uneven AND flood prone areas, then the CRV for obvious reasons. FC wouldn’t matter much if you wouldn’t able to cross and pass the road, because you have to find a roundabout to reach your destination. That’s extra time and fuel!
    I will go with the Altis, since it will be my daily drive car. Thanks sir

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Simple question, simple answer

FC : Altis... 6.5km/L city drive
    Maintenance : Altis... But rack n pinion is 37k

Oks noted sir..masakit rin pala ang rack n pinion nya pag nasira. Salamat.