New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    mga sir, i have a 300k budget and is thinking to get a new car which will replace my old corolla, it will be daily driven and occasional long weekend drives, 2 cars are within my budget (300k and what ever is left will be for repairs) and if ever, what are other good alternatives.

your comments will be really helpful since im a noob when it comes to hondas thank you! (been driving a corolla and a lancer)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock_Engine View Post
    mga sir, i have a 300k budget and is thinking to get a new car which will replace my old corolla, it will be daily driven and occasional long weekend drives, 2 cars are within my budget (300k and what ever is left will be for repairs) and if ever, what are other good alternatives.

your comments will be really helpful since im a noob when it comes to hondas thank you! (been driving a corolla and a lancer)
    The Civic VTi is still a much better car than the City type Z. The City type Z is a low budget car and the build quality shows it.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    sir, what are the advantages of the vtec engine of the 99 honda? i heard and read numerous articles saying that it is a very good engine, thanks

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    good choices, but i will definitely go for the vti. although both are hondas in which youll never go wrong with the quality ( but of course present condition should be checked meticulously )aesthetics alone will be a sure winner for the vti. youll never ran out of options in customizing it. power will be another thing ( if you definitely consider that aspect. for 2nd hand cars your choices are at the top of my list. my next alternative is for you to go brand new. theres a way for you to get the best deals for financing (pm me for that or if you want a list of our 2nd hand vehicles as well) now in checking the units, check of course for oil sprays (i'm sure you know the drill) you may also close all windows turn on the engine without turning on the ac rev it up and if you smell hints of engine oil, dont buy it. senyales yun na kumakain ng langis unit.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    sir, what are the advantages of the vtec engine of the 99 honda? i heard and read numerous articles saying that it is a very good engine, thanks
    well vtec is the same with VTI wherein the opening and closing of valves is dependent on your engine speed and not the speed of your car which translates to better fuel consumption. same technology with a different patent name.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Honda vtec engine is the 1.6L with variable valve timing technology. It can give you good economy and great performance in a single engine, just depends on how you drive the car.

Downside with Honda engines is they are prone to warping if they overheat. So take good care of it and it will give you many many kilometers of problem free service.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzQ0e8g_6w&"]Honda - VTEC Technology - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 25th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    thanks sa mga advice mga sirs, what are the common problems of a 1999 to 2000 civic vti? planning to buy this january

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For your budget you can get either a 2003 City VTi (last year of City Type-Z), or a 2000 Civic VTi. Depends if you want the newer car or the more well rounded car. Since you have picked the Civic, just make sure its a stock unit with not too many kilometers on it. As much as possible try not to get modified units for fear that it has been overworked and there would be lots of parts that need replacing. Test drive it and hear for any kalampag from the engine and/or suspension and make sure it is not an Ondoy'd unit.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    go with the VTi. If you can find a 2000 Vti model that's good enough, much better. Vti engine - Bulletproof, and very good in performance. Fule economy isnt bad considering the power you get. Plus the EK chassis is one of the best there is. just stay away from heavily modified units and Ondoy cars. good luck sir!

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    I prefer the 99-00 Honda Civic VTi's. Mas luxurious ang itsura ng mga colors..

Here are some ads to check:
    2000 Honda Civic VTi AT
    2000 Honda Civic VTi AT
    1999 Honda Civic VTi AT
    1999 Honda Civic VTi AT
    1999 Honda Civic VTi AT

Wala ako mahanap na Manual eh.. But start from these

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help pls 99 honda civic Vti or 99 honda city type Z?