New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Same as what jut703, go with the standard trim of the TOTL Mazda3 2.0R. However, if you feel like spending a bit more for the Bose package, then run with it. I would not even consider getting a City VX+ with its tag price of almost 1M. What more with 1.1M? It's as if those Modulo accessories will make wonders to improve how the car drives which it will not.
    Well, thanks, what about the after sales service of the mazda? are they good?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    1. Mazda 3
    2. Toyota Altis
    3. Honda City VX+ (I'd get Civic instead for this price range)
    same with my choice.
    What about on SUV? what do you think.

Ala eh! Batangan tayo!

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Why not the ordinary Mazda 3 2.0? For me not worth it yung Mazda 3 Speed. The black rims are ugly.

The City is way overpriced. The Altis doesn't drive as nicely or feel as high-quality or look as good as the Mazda.

Also, since you're in this price range already, ayaw mo ng Montero or Sportage CRDi?

hmmm di ko pa kasi nasusubukan montero at sportage eh,, hindi ba malaks yan sa gas kasi malaki ang kaha?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Montero and Sportage are diesels. If you get 8 km/L in city driving, thats as good as getting 10 km/L with a gas fed car. None of those 2-liter sedans get 10 km/L in moderate city traffic.

The gas Sportage is admittedly more of a gas guzzler (7 km/L vs 8 km/L for the 2-liter sedans), but it has higher ground clearance and more space. Better resale value too compared to a 2-liter compact, which only sells the same as a 1.6 liter in the secondhand market.

The Mazda 3 is still more exciting than either of the Montero/Sportage, but these are far more practical especially the Montero.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Montero and Sportage are diesels. If you get 8 km/L in city driving, thats as good as getting 10 km/L with a gas fed car. None of those 2-liter sedans get 10 km/L in moderate city traffic.

The gas Sportage is admittedly more of a gas guzzler (7 km/L vs 8 km/L for the 2-liter sedans), but it has higher ground clearance and more space. Better resale value too compared to a 2-liter compact, which only sells the same as a 1.6 liter in the secondhand market.

The Mazda 3 is still more exciting than either of the Montero/Sportage, but these are far more practical especially the Montero.

Very well said, I think Mazda 3 2014 model got the highest score among its competitors.
    Though rear legroom has been a little issue. I think that's fit enough for the Philippine guy.

Mazda 3 is the winner,though its pricier.

I'm gonna put up thread for the SUV type vehicle, since i'm done choosing with sedan.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrino Philip View Post
    Well, thanks, what about the after sales service of the mazda? are they good?
    As mentioned, Mazda offers the Yojin3 promo for every Mazda vehicle purchase. It's free maintenance and parts for 3 years. You can check the dealer for the full coverage of the Yojin3 promo. I guess with the growing number of new Mazda vehicles on the road, it speaks highly of their Yojin3 promo.

Wala ibang dealer na may offer na free maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Thank you all for infos. helped me a lot.

For SUV, here is the link:

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...3/#post2429623

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    As mentioned, Mazda offers the Yojin3 promo for every Mazda vehicle purchase. It's free maintenance and parts for 3 years. You can check the dealer for the full coverage of the Yojin3 promo. I guess with the growing number of new Mazda vehicles on the road, it speaks highly of their Yojin3 promo.

Wala ibang dealer na may offer na free maintenance.
    Agree

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Thank you all for infos. helped me a lot.

For SUV, here is the link:

What SUV's/AUV's might be the best choice nowadays.? (2014-2015)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Additional questions,

Yojin3 total care, Is it really true that they offer the free 3 year maintenance?

And Skyactiv better than the others?

with the use of i-stop, mazda 3 got the highest fuel efficiency compared to its rivals?????

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrino Philip View Post
    Additional questions,

Yojin3 total care, Is it really true that they offer the free 3 year maintenance?

And Skyactiv better than the others?

with the use of i-stop, mazda 3 got the highest fuel efficiency compared to its rivals?????
    Check the Mazda cars thread for detailed exchanges from owners of SkyActiv vehicles. Some owners of the CX5 2.0L report city driving FC figures of 10 km/L while owners of the Mazda6 2.5L report 9 km/L. Those FC figures are comparable to subcompacts and compacts which have engines within 1.3L to 1.6L displacement.

The Mazda3 2.0L has the same engine as the CX5 2.0L. Only the Mazda3 2.0R has the i-stop technology and not the 1.5L models.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Check the Mazda cars thread for detailed exchanges from owners of SkyActiv vehicles. Some owners of the CX5 2.0L report city driving FC figures of 10 km/L while owners of the Mazda6 2.5L report 9 km/L. Those FC figures are comparable to subcompacts and compacts which have engines within 1.3L to 1.6L displacement.

The Mazda3 2.0L has the same engine as the CX5 2.0L. Only the Mazda3 2.0R has the i-stop technology and not the 1.5L models.
    Well, what can you say about the i-stop and i-eloop? Does it makes a Big Gap or One step ahead among its competitors?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast