New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I need your advice fellow Tsikoteers about the vehicles I'm looking to get. 400k is my absolute ceiling. also, it has to be an A/T, Also, please go ahead and suggest other vehicles you think would be perfect in this price range.

I'm looking into these vehicles
    1. Camry 2004ish
    2. Civic FD 2007ish
    3. 7th Gen Accord

What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    From the choices, I'll go with the fd. Camry and accord are great but a pain sa gas.

If I may suggest, look at the altis 2007. Mga 350k yung g variant nito and a little wiggle room if there are repairs that are needed. Both fd and altis are good but for everyday, ill take the altis.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As archie stated, an Altis around the same age as the Civic FD will be a good option. Maybe something priced within 350k and keep the other 50k for repairs/mods. Though if you can find a good condition Civic FD between 300k-350k, then go for it.

If you prefer a comfortable ride and FC is a lesser concern, then a midsize will do. If going with the 7th gen Accord, look for the 2.4L model as the 2.0L model is not that efficient. If you want a lower priced but comfortable midsize, the Cefiro A33 (2003-2007) is another option as they are priced cheaper than an Accord or Camry. Maintenance on a used midsize will depend on how the previous owner took care of it. Most midsize have better suspension and stronger engines over most compacts. A properly maintained one will go along way. Getting one in bad shape will be a big problem.
    Last edited by Egan101; November 3rd, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd go for the FD.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I, for some reason cannot equate "low maintenance" to an Accord or a Camry.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I, for some reason cannot equate "low maintenance" to an Accord or a Camry.
    I guess the more apt term for the TS is "lower maintenance costs" since the amount of maintenance on a similar aged Vios, Corolla or Camry will be the same given they were used and maintained consistently. The difference will be running costs (fuel and spare part costs).

BTT: Civic FD