New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Fort isn't that bad. The Montero's second row is actually narrower.

But definitely, neither compares with the Santa Fe / Sorento twins.
    And then again, in my experience with a friend's 2nd gen Fortuner, the 2nd row will be a rather snug fit for three full size adult men. The ceiling mounted air vents were obviously an afterthought as it grazes the heads of taller passengers, around 5"10 and above. Front seats are OK, though I'd say it is rather lacking in support.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sabi ko na nga madaming mag promote ng santa Fe if lagi sa city SF na...
    kung taga province naman sa tingin ko mas ok yun monty or fortuner

sana meron din nissan xtrerra or pathfinder dito sa pinas...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The XTerra/Pathfinder is basically the American version of the Asian Pick-up based SUV. It boggles the mind that Nissan doesn't sell something similar here.

It also boggles the mind that Nissan can sell it there while Chevrolet has no plans of selling its similar Colorado-based Trailblazer in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    And then again, in my experience with a friend's 2nd gen Fortuner, the 2nd row will be a rather snug fit for three full size adult men. The ceiling mounted air vents were obviously an afterthought as it grazes the heads of taller passengers, around 5"10 and above. Front seats are OK, though I'd say it is rather lacking in support.
    Both the Fort and Montero are based on Asian-market quarter-ton pick-ups. As such, they share the narrow body-shells. Unlike the Sorento and Fort... and even the Captiva... which have American width cabins.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well I wouldn't wonder why they didn't bring in the Pathfinder considering Nissan Philippines's notorious reluctance in bringing in new models. Its as if they don't want to earn money! Before it was Kia and Nissan, but Kia has become more competitive as of late, which leaves them alone at the back. Nissan's massive commercial success in Taiwan shows that their models are good cars indeed. In fact when I was there, the number of Nissan's on the road were rivaling the Toyota's!

Back to the topic. I wonder if there are still current gen Santa Fe 4x4 stocks available. Since it is a rather slow seller, there should be pretty good deals for this one right now...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    They should just phase out the Murano and bring the all new Pathfinder here. Dito lng sa atin mahina ang Nissan. It's strong in other countries, even in Indonesia.

Did the TS decided already?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    Joker si sir.haha. I sat on the montero mas masikip inside compared to the Sorento. Leg Room, Elbow Room, and Head room mas maluwang talaga sorento which is close to SF. The montero looks much bigger looking from the outside, pero the interior space was not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    hindi pala ako nagkamali to observe na medyo tight inside Monty. mas comfy pa nga yata sa Tucs eh

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    alterra, matagtag. e di ford everest na lang kung matagtag din lang ang gusto mo, better than alterra.
    maliit naman ang captiva.
    matipid ang FC ng santa fe, maganda lahat, pero papatayin ka sa PM cost pag sa HARI ka bumili. boycott HARI!!! sa gray market naman, mas mahal.
    The Alterra and Everest admittedly matagtag. Leafspring suspension sa likod eh. Pick-up based chassis. Given the state of Philippine roads in the provinces, these two vehicles would probably outlast the competition.

But Alterra is more spacious and better sitting comfort. Better fuel efficiency din. And more durable.

----
    Admittedly, the Monterosport is he best bang-for-the buck. Of course, you have to learn to accept some of its shortcomings.

I do not understand being "so common" is one of them. Understood na kasi yon. One do not own a mass produced item just for the bragging rights.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^ yung Alterra, mausok ba like Crosswind?

SF pa rin (yung hindi HARI )

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Parang hinde naman mausok yun Alterra, based sa observations ko. Pero mahal na yan Alterra diba?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    A quick look at the price list says that the SRP for the 4x4 A/T is 1.718M, 4x2 A/T 1.585M and 4x2 M/T 1.528M. Still competitive if you ask me, especially considering the boatload of features involved. The Alterra is the only one left in its class to offer a manual tranny with a 3.0L engine, and if I'm not mistaken, also the most fuel efficient among the 3.0L group. Also, I have yet to see a smoky Alterra, even with the old 2005 units.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
help me choose SUV max budget of  PHP1.8M