New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mid size SUV doesn't need to have too much horsepower anyways since it is not designed for high speed driving or else we will be seeing plenty of turned over Forts and Montys on the highway. Torque is more important for mid size since pulling power is more needed.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    hey guys thanks much to those infos..right now im leaning towards the forester xs,,but my wife told me to wait for the new escape..lol pero kung ako lang masusunod im gonna go for forester any moment now..i'm thinking kung paano ko maconvinced yung asawa ko..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Well, your wife is not wrong to wait for the new Escape since maganda mga screenshots sa net. Although the exterior medyo may mali sa ibang angles para sa akin. But the interior is very good. The only problem is the new Escape may arrive next year since the new Escape is not part of this year's new vehicle lineup. If you really need to buy now, the Forester is a solid choice.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    think about also the insurance of SUV's they are very expensive.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hang on, what are we choosing from now? The long list of SUVs that fit the budget, or just the Forester and Escape?

If it's from the long list, I'd go for the Montero Sport. Though I'm more biased toward the look of the Fortuner, the Montero Sport has the better all around combination of power and price. Space-wise, better folding option for the 3rd row. Mas sulit yung area for cargo. Downside, if you want to be unique, is that there are a lot of MS's running around the metro.

Between the latter two, it would probably be the Forester. The Escape is a much older unit already. The newer model will not come out anytime soon, and it'll probably need to be evaluated for whatever bugs by the first wave of buyers. But if you can wait that long, you can consider the Escape.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ sir sa mga choice mo walang fuel efficient sa mga yan... one of your requirments earlier is matipid sa gas!

sir as may choice go for montero...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    chevy trailblazer or captiva!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Better test drive with your wife to see and feel the actual car, how it performs, the comfort.. and bring along a friend or relative! hirap magdecide pag 2 lang kayo. When I bought my CR-V, kasama ko misis ko and sister nya. hehe.. 3 of us were satisfied.

Yun lang, your wife likes the Escape, but if she's referring to the new model, consider the time pre. Wala pa yata sa radar dito yung model na yun as to when it will be coming out. Although the Escape > Forrester if between these 2 model ka lang namimili. ;)

Oh, you might want to consider the Pilot. Kung nag aantay pa lang din naman kayo. Heard from the Auto industry buzz somewhere that Honda is bringing this back here. Yun lang, gaya ng Escape, no definite date din.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mahal ang Pilot alam ko. More than P2M yun. Unless you want to wait for the new Sta Fe. One casa said it will arrive on July. Is this true or sales talk? If not, the current Sta Fe is also a good value for money.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Lakas sa gas ng Forester. Porma okay siya. So up to your priorities...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HELP me choose my first SUV! :)