The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    JIMNYEATWORLD FTW!! :clap: :hysterical:

Kidding aside, Nissan X-Trail for me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    imho, you better take sir starex_gold's opinion kasi he's got lots of suv experience.

* sir starex_gold: please correct me if im wrong.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ehe he he Thanks, brad.

Yung X-Trail pinaka maganda dito sa mga pinag-pipilian. Downsides are, the fuel consumption and the resale value.

Very comfy ride, powerful engine.

BTW, bakit wala yung 2nd Gen. CR-V sa list?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^

sir keith22, i suggest you note this down.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I think the reason why the CRV isn't here is because the TS needs an SUV that has good offroading capabilities. And the CRV is famous for having none, even in 4x4 guise. The only CUVs proven capable of serious offroading are the Ford Escape (as proven in Beeboy's track) and the Suzuki Grand Vitara. If they do not fit into the TS's budget, then I think Subic offroaders are the last option.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010

eto minus the alum roofrails, everytime I look at this nabubuhay ako ng loob, nagkakapag-asa ako sa buhay etc. eto gagawin ko sa stock jimny ko

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by keith22 View Post
    Guys, I need your input. I'll be in the market for a 2nd hand SUV/CUV before the year ends and here's the background. I need an SUV that can handle CAMANAVA flooding, relatively fuel efficient(6km/liter minimum) and whose parts wont cost an arm and a leg. I'm single(hopefully hitched within the next 2 years :D) and works on the night shift. I'm into mountain biking too so space would be a bonus but not a deal breaker(may bike rack naman). I'm the adventurous type (once rode my scooter with my fiancee through the yet unpaved roads of marikina-laguna-quezon road while raining for the heck of it) so a bit of off-road capability is a plus. Oh and lastly I travel around 43km daily, and my budget is around 500k.

So far here are my choices according to how I rank them:

1. Jimny (05+): First choice since it will be the cheapest, most fuel efficient of the bunch and it's off-road capabilities are well documented. Downside is space and not a lot of it for sale.
    2. X-Trail 250X (05): Spacious, great ride, and mild off road prowess makes this my second choice. Only negative would be the FC.
    3. Sportage CVVT (07): Spacious too, cheaper, and since we have a few of its twin(Tucson) already, we're already familiar with its characteristics. Dowside would be that it's really more of a crossover than an SUV, FC ain't nothing to brag about, and that it has a bumpy ride.
    4. Tucson CVVT (06): Same as Sportage but I think the former looks better. And as I mentioned, we already have a few in the family and I'm not really too keen on adding another one.
    5. Outlander (05): Unorthodox looks(which I am a fan of), spacious, and great ride. Not a big fan of it's oldish engine and FC.

If you guys have anything more to add, please do so. TIA.

Kung kaya mo yung FC ng x-trail 250x go for it. Since taga CAMANAVA ka, its the only SUV i've seen brave through the flooded samson rd.,kal. (yung tapat ng puregold & victory).Alam mo naman kung gano kalalim dun d b? hanggang grill na yung tubig. deretso pa rin sya!!! :shocked2:

Oh it'll look good with a bike carrier at the back!!! hehehe
    Last edited by blue_gambit; November 11th, 2010 at 10:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *GTi, The lowest priced GV i've found in the ads is around 670k, way over the budget already.

*JEW, analogy fail but thanks. Oh and I do workout. :D I'm really not into the 2nd Gen CR-V looks and it's FC is the worst of all in this group, I think.

*SG, that most probably would be what would I end up since there really isn't a lot of Jimny's for sale.

*Blue_Gambit, oh you haven't seen floods in navotas and malabon yet! haha! if it does 6 km/l in city driving, I'm pretty sure I'll get a bit higher than that since I go to work at night where traffic is nonexistent.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Actually the FC of the X-Trail 250X is even worse than the Gen 2 CR-V

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by keith22 View Post
    *GTi, The lowest priced GV i've found in the ads is around 670k, way over the budget already.

*JEW, analogy fail but thanks. Oh and I do workout. :D I'm really not into the 2nd Gen CR-V looks and it's FC is the worst of all in this group, I think.

*SG, that most probably would be what would I end up since there really isn't a lot of Jimny's for sale.

*Blue_Gambit, oh you haven't seen floods in navotas and malabon yet! haha! if it does 6 km/l in city driving, I'm pretty sure I'll get a bit higher than that since I go to work at night where traffic is nonexistent.

Paps, taga Malabon po ako, and yes I've brave through engine hood high deep flood waters in my AUV (what an adrenaline rush!!!). You could say I'm a veteran at that. Hehehe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help me choose: Jimny/Sportage/Tucson/X-Trail/Outlander