New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi i'm a newbie here..a graduating student conducting a feasibility study about the latest car dealer here in the Philippines the Lezus Manila. I just want know your opinions about Lexus and for you what are the advantages of it to other luxury cars like the BMW and Mercedez-Benz??

2. Join Date
    May 2007

2008 Lexus IS F Summary

The 2008 IS F is a 4-door, 4-passenger luxury sports sedan, available in one trim only, the 8-Speed Direct.

Upon introduction, the IS F is equipped with a standard 5.0-liter, V8, 416-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 23-mpg on the highway. A 8-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.

The 2008 IS F is all-new for 2008

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Please make a proper questionnaire for the respondents.

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008

How would you compare Lexus cars to other luxury vehicles?
    What are the features of the Lexus cars that makes them expensive?

tnx!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Lexus is the marque brand of Toyota just what Acura is to Honda and Infiniti is to Nissan.
    Among the Japanese line, it is the most successful luxury brand in the United States. Dito ito nakilala. By the way the brand is relatively new--being hatched in the 1980s.
    But it suffers low recognition and market sales in Europe as it has to go against the established names like MB and BMW.
    Being a luxury brand, vehicle line-up involves sporty and executive cars, and SUVs.

Trim and workmanship commands the price.
    But what really makes it that expensive are TAXES.

----
    BTW, its quite pointless to compare CARMAKERS. What is more substantial is to compare CAR MODELS and MAKE.
    In the upscale market, EXECUTION and APPEAL to car buyers are factors that determine the relative success of the vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baxz View Post

tnx!
    Huh? Those are the only questions for your "feasibility" study - that is not enough. Usually a questionnaire for a thesis is more than 3 pages - you need at least a page for the demographics alone. And those questions are not quantifiable and is very subjective.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    To make it short... LEXUS is an affordable luxury car, compare to BMW and Mercedes Benz! Katulad ng Lexus IS-F, mas mura kumpara sa M3 at C63 AMG, pero ang IS-F halos kasing tulin ng M3 at C63.

Watch this video of IS-F, M3, and C63:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXIIieUFH0M&feature=related"]YouTube - Auto Express: BMW M3 vs Lexus IS F vs Mercedes C63 AMG[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    If my old Marketing Research professor saw these questions, she'd just tell you to come back when you have a proper set. Everything you ask should be MEASURABLE.

Not much you can say about the Lexus ownership experience locally, but in the US and UK this was where Toyota threw most of its resources on.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Huh? Those are the only questions for your "feasibility" study - that is not enough. Usually a questionnaire for a thesis is more than 3 pages - you need at least a page for the demographics alone. And those questions are not quantifiable and is very subjective.
    -Actually those questions i ask are just a part of my on going feasibility study.. they are just a simple question that maybe ask in my defense..right now i'm working on my own marketing program for the study and that is why i'm asking those simple question so i can get some opinion.

tnx.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    If my old Marketing Research professor saw these questions, she'd just tell you to come back when you have a proper set. Everything you ask should be MEASURABLE.

Not much you can say about the Lexus ownership experience locally, but in the US and UK this was where Toyota threw most of its resources on.

--there just a simple question..actually i'm working on my own marketing strategy that's why i'm asking those question.

anyway tnx!

HELP! Lexus vs other luxury cars