1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I am planning to buy one of these cars:
    Accord '96 VTEC
    Civic '96 VTi
    Lancer '97 and
    Cefiro '97
    because my budget is only 220K
    Which one is more suitable for daily driving and which one worth the money best? Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    an Accord with a manual tranny (if you can live with the higher fuel consumption compared to the civic).

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Go for the Hondas although the '96 VTi has better mileage than the Accord.

For Lancers kasi better ang mga year 2000 up na variants, maybe you can find one within your budget.

Can't speak about the Cefiro though, haven't come across this car before.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ah, ic but how much more the maintenance for an Accord compared to a civic? what about the gas consumption on a Civic VTi manual compared to a 2.0L Accord manual?
    Thanks alot for the suggestion

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    My brother-in-law bought his '96 Accord (manual) 2nd hand last June. The previous owner did very good maintenance on it so no problems here yet. He does complain about the fuel consumption though (it's a 2.0 liter engine, what did you expect?). We will have to understand that this is a higher grade honda compared to the Vti so naturally most of its parts, especially the engine, have higher costs.

If this were Toyota, its the difference between Altis and Camry.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah i see,
    I used to have the '99 model galant VR4 2.0L, i really like the body, so seek'n ***y, but the gas consumption.... bleeeeeeeeeeehhh, so badd. so how bad or good is accord 2.0L compared to galant '99?? any ideas? coz' the reason why i sold the galant was because it consumes lots of gas

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Forget the accord if you consider gas consumption as you said.

I have a friend who also owns an accord and mind you, this one is much worser than the VR4 if not the same.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How many km/L do you intend to acheive?

Ok na ko sa Cefiro M/T. Mas ok sana kung A/T pero bihira ang A/T na below Php230k.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah, I am thinking of 10 and above, so sure that an accord VTEC cannot reach that fuel consumption?? hehe Yeah, so any further suggestion then?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mataas iyan. Hindi kaya ng mga M-Class sedans ang ganyang figures. You're limited to compact cars or smaller.

Ok naman ang Civic. No known major issues.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP!! I need to choose cars