New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Awwwww.... tange tange ko. Magbubura nga ako inbox. Pa-PM na lang ako ng info nag quote sayo ng Mirage.

Baka pwede pa refer ako sa agent. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Never go for the low down. You'll be tied to hellishly high monthly payments for too long for a car that's not really worth that much.

-

I like the Picanto, but I don't really see any reason to buy one over the Rio, even if the base Rio has pawis rear windows and no alarm. You can get better economy in the city with the Picanto MT, but you have to drive conscientiously, and put up with the weedy power from the 1.0.

If you want the most space for your money, get the Rio 1.2. The Mirage GLS has much more in terms of toys, but the Rio has a crapload of space. The trunk and backseat are bigger than in the Vios, and the Rio's ride and noise isolation are much better than the Toyota's to boot. Fuel economy is okay in the city as long as you don't drive with a heavy foot.

But... the Mirage is much more economical, and the rear seat is decent. If it's only two of you in the family, it's more than big enough. And with the GLS, you get ABS+EBD, which neither the Rio nor the Vios have. In the olden days, I would have said you don't really need ABS, but thanks to electronic brake force distribution, ABS+EBD can shorten your braking distances from 100 km/h by around ten meters. In the dry. That's over two car-lengths. The Mirage also has better crash safety than the Vios, and dual airbags.

The high point of the Mirage is the excellent economy, both on the highway and in the city. And while it has less power than the Vios and the Rio, performance is the same because it weighs so much less.

The 1.0 competition can probably beat the Mirage in traffic economy, but only through very conscientious driving, and the Mirage is superior at high speed cruising.

-

Still, look around. It's nice shopping at the low end of the market nowadays because you have so many excellent choices with good economy, the Spark 1.0 MT, Eon 800cc MT, Celerio 1.0 MT and Mirage 1.2 MT are all capable of over 25 km/l on the highway if driven properly.

-

Just don't buy an automatic. Not even the astonishingly economical Suzuki 1.0 gives you good economy when mated to that sluggish 4-speed auto in the Celerio.
    Seems Niky is recommending the GLS Mt Mirage over the GLS CVT Mirage.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Sayang..GUMASTOS k n nga lang e sana nag MIRAGE ka n lng san.
    CAR OF THE YEAR PA!!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by empress20 View Post
    Sayang..GUMASTOS k n nga lang e sana nag MIRAGE ka n lng san.
    CAR OF THE YEAR PA!!!
    Pera nya naman ginastos nya so let him be

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stickers; April 17th, 2013 at 03:49 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Mirage nanaman? Super exposed naman na si Mirage ngayon.. Sagutin ko kung bakit sir ah.. My original plan kita naman sa thread was to get a mirage. However, now that I'm ready to get one, wala naman mabigay sakin na GLS MT na preferred color ko.. So I checked around muna.. And I have a few friends who owns a mirage 3/5 are not happy. Car of the year, yes no contest, maganda exposure ng auto eh.. If I remember correctly, wayback 2009, Celerio was crowned with the best value for money award.. Kung nabigyan ako ng mirage agad baka mirage owner ako ngayon.. So far, I am happy that I chose the Celerio.. It is small, but I could care less, when I need space we still have the FD (up until my mom arrives). The ride is for my wife anyways, para sa daily transpo nya..

Anyways we all have our own stand on things and I respect yours. I also have my own stand on things and I am happy I chose the Celerio over the Mirage and Picanto. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaflakes View Post
    Mirage nanaman? Super exposed naman na si Mirage ngayon.. Sagutin ko kung bakit sir ah.. My original plan kita naman sa thread was to get a mirage. However, now that I'm ready to get one, wala naman mabigay sakin na GLS MT na preferred color ko.. So I checked around muna.. And I have a few friends who owns a mirage 3/5 are not happy. Car of the year, yes no contest, maganda exposure ng auto eh.. If I remember correctly, wayback 2009, Celerio was crowned with the best value for money award.. Kung nabigyan ako ng mirage agad baka mirage owner ako ngayon.. So far, I am happy that I chose the Celerio.. It is small, but I could care less, when I need space we still have the FD (up until my mom arrives). The ride is for my wife anyways, para sa daily transpo nya..

Anyways we all have our own stand on things and I respect yours. I also have my own stand on things and I am happy I chose the Celerio over the Mirage and Picanto. :D
    baka siya yung SA ng mirage na dapat kukunin mo, sayang daw sales
    Last edited by d'flash; April 17th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaflakes View Post

Correct. To each his own yan. You may be happy with your Mirage. Tunaflakes is happy with his Celerio.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TUNA,

congrats sa new ride mo, ganda yang celerio di lang din talaga ako kasya eh kaya i end up sa 1.3G MT na Vios.

Anyway, madami akong friend na enjoy sa celerio nila.

ingat lang at madami ako naidinig na issue with casa, pero kahit anong brand pa eh may masamang tao talaga kaya careful lang and kung may problema tanong tanong lang sa tsikot.

Regards ulit bro,

Roy

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    okay din naman yang Celerio eh, we have one in the family, it sure is a very thrift car kaya lang may hesitation talaga sa picking up speed kapag full pax kayo. And trust me you dont wanna take it to tagaytay via talisay road kasi talagang iiyak ang makina na medyo nakakagulat knowing it has a V4 engine compared sa V3 ng Mirage. at medyo mabigat ang steering. pero so far im very satisfied with it. Ako if i were to buy Mini Hatch it would be:

1.) Mirage
    2.) Celerio
    3.) Spark

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sir Roy,

Salamat. I've heard a lot of good things sa celerio and upon checking sa site nila maganda naman talaga yung auto.. Yung casa dun samin sa Lipa medyo olats, so ang mga PMS nito eh makati na mangyayari..

Salamat sir sa advise,

Best Regards,
    Clyde

PS: Hanep para tayong nasa corporate email.. :D

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast