New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    since you're also considering vitara then you probably don't need the 7 seats on the br-v?

if your reason is to get a taller vehicle then the vitara might not make you happy. why not wait for the facelifted ecosport?
    Nah. Ford eco sport is too small (just my opinion) and more of suzuki jimny look alike.

And yes, I don't need 7 seats - but a Honda is Honda.

Thanks for the insights.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you ask me, none of the two. I'd happily drive a compact car (Civic, Jetta, Focus, Mazda3, Altis) than any of those for the same amount of money.

If you can spend a bit more, I suggest you get a bigger vehicle like a CUV (Forester, CX5, CRV, Xtrail, Tucson, Sportage) or maybe a diesel wagon (VW Golf GTS).
    Thank you, Egan101. And yes I can spend a bit more and I'm eyeing the CRV as well. Thanks for the tips!

*PrizefighterMD - apologies for crashing your thread with my questions. I'm a new member so can't post threads yet. Though let me know if you went with Vitara or BRV.

Regards,
    Jc007

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Kung ano ang nasa isip at puso mo, kung ano ang mas fit sa budget at purpose mo, yun ang piliin mo. First, test drive all your choices, research sa internet ng reviews at comments, after that, pray. Tapos ang problema. Basta be contented at happy sa napili mo, kung hinde matutulad ka sa ibang nagkokomento dito na puro reklamo pero wala namang bearing nirereklamo.hahaha. Happy hunting.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jc007 View Post
    Thank you, Egan101. And yes I can spend a bit more and I'm eyeing the CRV as well. Thanks for the tips!

*PrizefighterMD - apologies for crashing your thread with my questions. I'm a new member so can't post threads yet. Though let me know if you went with Vitara or BRV.

Regards,
    Jc007
    If you can afford the 1.8M CRV, that's obviously better than either the BRV or Vitara. But that's almost 2x the cost.

Between the two ~1M CUVs, I'd choose the Vitara.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Is Mistu still selling the ASX? They used to price it just above 1M. It is a better package than an Ecosport or Vitara though the platform is 10 years old already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Is Mistu still selling the ASX? They used to price it just above 1M. It is a better package than an Ecosport or Vitara though the platform is 10 years old already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes they do. The cvt tranny was reconfigured around 2016 afaik. It is indeed better than ecosport or vitara imho. The engine is just qay better and fc is just about the same as the ecosport as per post of someone here from tsikot iirc. On the higway, there you will enjoy the engine and tranny package.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Had the same dilemma 2 months ago and was able to test drive both (a lot of times) from different dealers.

We chose the Vitara, no regrets.

1. Bigger engine
    2. More features and toy specs
    3. We dont really need the extra seating capacity
    4. Better interior quality
    Last edited by cal0i; April 7th, 2018 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Updated reason

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cal0i View Post
    Had the same dilemma 2 months ago and was able to test drive both (a lot of times) from different dealers.

We chose the Vitara, no regrets.

1. Bigger engine
    2. More features and toy specs
    3. We dont really need the extra seating capacity
    4. Better interior quality
    Hi Caloi. I decided to go with the Vitara as well. No regrets. Help deciding on a car: Honda BR-V 1.5 V versus Suzuki Vitara GLX 1.6

Sent from my SM-P355 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jc007 View Post
    Hi Caloi. I decided to go with the Vitara as well. No regrets. Help deciding on a car: Honda BR-V 1.5 V versus Suzuki Vitara GLX 1.6

Sent from my SM-P355 using Tapatalk

Suzuki is indeed a better investment.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by prizefighterMD View Post
    Hello! I'm on the market for a brand new subcompact/crossover. I'm currently driving a sedan and it's definitely time to replace it especially due to safety concerns. Sulit na sulit na siya kasi 90's model pa, and bothered na kami na baka tumirik na lang siya bigla soon.

Anyway, I'm eyeing either the Honda BR-V or the newly-introduced Suzuki Vitara. Medyo mataas na kukunin ko para iwas baha at iwas sabit. Some preliminary pros for each car:
    BR-V: 7-seater capacity, higher ground clearance at 201 mm (vs ~180 for Vitara)
    Vitara: Cruise control, sunroof, slightly better specs, slightly cheaper

If you were in my position, which would you pick? Inputs from owners of either vehicles would be amazing.

Maraming salamat!
    Vitara na sir,ganda ng body nya

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help deciding on a car: Honda BR-V 1.5 V versus Suzuki Vitara GLX 1.6