New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hi!I would choose the Honda BR-V!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    The new vitara is my long time crush way back the 2nd generation pa, now is the 4th generation if I am not wrong is still my crush. And would I know that this model would be released in the Philippines, I could have waited a few months more to drive this baby, although I don't have regrets getting my current ride as it serves it's purpose naman.

I would suggest that you go for the vitara. But whichever model you choose, you wont go wrong with a japanese brand as many would agree.

Regarding the new excise tax, I think it is computed based on the car manufacturing cost and not the srp yata? So yung tax ng 1M na srp less profit and some other add-on features will fall to lower bracket. And if ever ma implement naman yung new excise tax, gradual din yata from 2018 to 2019... yung mga 2M pataas na bracket ang heavily ma affected.

And I agree that you use a bank loan rather than in-house financing, mas makaka mura ka nun. You can go directly to your choice of bank first, have it approved before going to the dealer of your choice.

Although I think we still have to be grateful as owning a car in the Philippines is still way cheaper compared to other countries. Like owning a Swift in SG will cost about Php3M while it's only Php700kish lang satin. But I think the gov't must first improve the mass transport system, like the MRT, trains, buses and jeepneys in the country which will make it safe and convenient for the regular working class which we could then let go of the need of driving our cars from point A to B thus we could let go of owning one, like if we are living in SG or HK just to compare plus the octopus and ezlink cards are very convenient to use. Then car ownerships would just be for the executives and the rich and they could tax it extravagantly. That is my personal opinion though.
    Last edited by cirdeolavar; December 1st, 2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: more thoughts to share...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Back to topi na boys. hehe

Tama silang lahat,

if you are sure you need 5 seats lang, get the vitara.

if you need 7 seats, get the br-v.

IMHO, 7 seats is not a "must-have" rather, it's a "nice-to-have" feature lang. Masikip din a likod eh. hehe
    I agree with this. When I got a gen 2 crv, the first thing i did before was to remove the 3rd row seat. Ginawa ko na lang bench sa bahay. Hehe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cirdeolavar View Post
    The new vitara is my long time crush way back the 2nd generation pa, now is the 4th generation if I am not wrong is still my crush. And would I know that this model would be released in the Philippines, I could have waited a few months more to drive this baby, although I don't have regrets getting my current ride as it serves it's purpose naman.

I would suggest that you go for the vitara. But whichever model you choose, you wont go wrong with a japanese brand as many would agree.

Regarding the new excise tax, I think it is computed based on the car manufacturing cost and not the srp yata? So yung tax ng 1M na srp less profit and some other add-on features will fall to lower bracket. And if ever ma implement naman yung new excise tax, gradual din yata from 2018 to 2019... yung mga 2M pataas na bracket ang heavily ma affected.

And I agree that you use a bank loan rather than in-house financing, mas makaka mura ka nun. You can go directly to your choice of bank first, have it approved before going to the dealer of your choice.

Although I think we still have to be grateful as owning a car in the Philippines is still way cheaper compared to other countries. Like owning a Swift in SG will cost about Php3M while it's only Php700kish lang satin. But I think the gov't must first improve the mass transport system, like the MRT, trains, buses and jeepneys in the country which will make it safe and convenient for the regular working class which we could then let go of the need of driving our cars from point A to B thus we could let go of owning one, like if we are living in SG or HK just to compare plus the octopus and ezlink cards are very convenient to use. Then car ownerships would just be for the executives and the rich and they could tax it extravagantly. That is my personal opinion though.
    I agree! Mass transport talaga. If only effective at efficient ang mass transport sa Pinas I think a lot would rather commute than go through the hassle of driving in traffic and finding parking in cramped spaces. Kaso as of now ang public transport natin hindi name-maintain ang comfort and dignity ng commuter eh, i.e. if you commute for sure haggard at amoy tao ka na by the time you get to your destination. Sad. If only maaayos talaga kahit wala na akong kotse, tbh.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by prizefighterMD View Post
    Haha yeah you got me there. I really don't need the two extra seats, it just feels like a nice add-on feature. Quite impressive rin for a car of that size and price, though I agree that It makes it a bit awkwardly long.

Thanks for the tips! I'm sorta leaning towards the Vitara for now.

Hi PrizefighterMD - did you go with Suzuki Vitara? or Honda BRV? Just wondering as I also can't decide if I should get a Vitara or a BRV. I'm honda fan and I have a civic FD so I'm leaning towards Honda BRV. But Grand Vitara, aestethics wise, is much better but I don't know much about Suzuki cars.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jc007 View Post
    Hi PrizefighterMD - did you go with Suzuki Vitara? or Honda BRV? Just wondering as I also can't decide if I should get a Vitara or a BRV. I'm honda fan and I have a civic FD so I'm leaning towards Honda BRV. But Grand Vitara, aestethics wise, is much better but I don't know much about Suzuki cars.
    Moving from a Civic FD to a BRV or Vitara? I guess that's a backward move in terms of car responsiveness. If you love your Civic FD, I suggest you look at the Civic FC instead as replacement for your FD. If you want to keep your Civic FD, I guess you don't mind a less responsive ride.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Moving from a Civic FD to a BRV or Vitara? I guess that's a backward move in terms of car responsiveness. If you love your Civic FD, I suggest you look at the Civic FC instead as replacement for your FD. If you want to keep your Civic FD, I guess you don't mind a less responsive ride.
    Hi Egan101, no I'm not going to sell my Civic FD. I'm still gonna use it. I'm just looking for an SUV that is within my budget. I just sold my beloved Toyota AE111 about a month ago so I have money to burn plus I want a new car as my FD is now 10 years old.

So back to my q, which do you think is better, a BRV or a Grand Vitara?

Regards,
    Jc007

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    since you're also considering vitara then you probably don't need the 7 seats on the br-v?

if your reason is to get a taller vehicle then the vitara might not make you happy. why not wait for the facelifted ecosport?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi Egan101, no I'm not going to sell my Civic FD. I'm still gonna use it. I'm just looking for an SUV that is within my budget. I just sold my beloved Toyota AE111 about a month ago so I have money to burn plus I want a new car as my FD is now 10 years old.

Regards,
    Jc007
    it depends on your requirements/priority. must seat 6 or 4? are you going to be bringing family daily? powerwise the 1.6 will be more enjoyable. are you willing to spend some money to add the insulation? both lack insulation Help deciding on a car: Honda BR-V 1.5 V versus Suzuki Vitara GLX 1.6

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Regards,
    Jc007
    If you ask me, none of the two. I'd happily drive a compact car (Civic, Jetta, Focus, Mazda3, Altis) than any of those for the same amount of money.

If you can spend a bit more, I suggest you get a bigger vehicle like a CUV (Forester, CX5, CRV, Xtrail, Tucson, Sportage) or maybe a diesel wagon (VW Golf GTS).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help deciding on a car: Honda BR-V 1.5 V versus Suzuki Vitara GLX 1.6