New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    my few cents:

i bought Crosswind for these priorities: ground clearance, long-term ownership (durability and basic/simple technology), 6 seater at least with enough room for luggage, low maintenance cost (about 2k for change oil), economical.

so far, passing score naman sya sa lahat nang criteria ko. in fact, i find the ride comfy (better than Fortuner, Montero, Avanze and HiAce). Ground clearance for me means PEACE of MIND kasi di ko kelangan mag worry pag lakas ulan sa usual route ko at di kelangan mag detour. Tested and proven ko na so many times!!! LOL

major complaints: speed-related. Hirap sa overtaking. in effect, napagastos sa FC dahil tendency pigain. (anyway, check Alcohol Injection thread: it worked for my needs esp at top-end speed for long drives! + usok problem, too)

engine/vibration: check other thread re: 2T mix. (claimed to have worked for some and but I have yet to try it)

I am sure Carens will give a car-like ride and faster drive. Usual maintenance should be higher being more advanced, I suppose (claimed by some with CRDI tech). I didn't go for Innova coz of reported DRD issues. Adventure too cramped.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    If you plan to drive it for 20 years plus or 500,000km or more, get a crosswind.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 14myXUV View Post
    my few cents:

i bought Crosswind for these priorities: ground clearance, long-term ownership (durability and basic/simple technology), 6 seater at least with enough room for luggage, low maintenance cost (about 2k for change oil), economical.

so far, passing score naman sya sa lahat nang criteria ko. in fact, i find the ride comfy (better than Fortuner, Montero, Avanze and HiAce). Ground clearance for me means PEACE of MIND kasi di ko kelangan mag worry pag lakas ulan sa usual route ko at di kelangan mag detour. Tested and proven ko na so many times!!! LOL

major complaints: speed-related. Hirap sa overtaking. in effect, napagastos sa FC dahil tendency pigain. (anyway, check Alcohol Injection thread: it worked for my needs esp at top-end speed for long drives! + usok problem, too)

engine/vibration: check other thread re: 2T mix. (claimed to have worked for some and but I have yet to try it)

I am sure Carens will give a car-like ride and faster drive. Usual maintenance should be higher being more advanced, I suppose (claimed by some with CRDI tech). I didn't go for Innova coz of reported DRD issues. Adventure too cramped.
    Except for the Carens, meron at nagkaroon kami ng ganyang mga simpleng sasakyan sir.

The 2003 Adventure na-trade in na with only plus 140,000 kilometres to it, while the 2003 Crosswind with over 350,000 km and counting is assigned sa isang agent. Ang Innova naman 2011 model, where we will see the mettle of it through the test of time and usage. All are manual transmission.

Nice feedback you gave here, although we have yet to see the cited commonrail problems with the Innova under constant Euro 2 diesel fuel usage. Pero sir, gaya din ng mga CRDi na Dmax, na pinalitan na sila ng suction valve at EGR by late 2009 or early 2010, to cater for Euro 2 diesel fuel, baka ganoon na din ang naka-adopt sa mga Toyota diesels (LC200, Prado, Hilux, Innova, Hiace). The Innova uses timing belt din and as such it requires replacement, whilst all Isuzu diesels use the Isuzu-patented maintenance-free timing gear and chain.

Cheers!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Help: Crosswind XUV vs Innova vs Kia Carens vs Adventure