New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Haha! Yan ang hindi maintindihan ng mga fanboys ng Kia at Hyundai na puro HP ang priority. That is also one of reasons why there still buyers of crosswinds. Durability and low-cost maintenance. It will run using the cheapest SAE40 oils and dirty Phil. diesels without issues.
    On the other side of the coin, yan din ang hindi maintidihan ng mga ibang fanboys ng Isuzu... there is more to owning and driving a car then just the engine that will run no matter how bad you maintain it. Kanya kanyang dahilan nalang yan on what they prioritize in a car. ;)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    On the other side of the coin, yan din ang hindi maintidihan ng mga ibang fanboys ng Isuzu... there is more to owning and driving a car then just the engine that will run no matter how bad you maintain it. Kanya kanyang dahilan nalang yan on what they prioritize in a car. ;)
    May mga isuzu fanboys ba? hehehe

Yep, kanyang-kanyang dahilan lang yan.

For me, why I still retain the xto, it gets me to point a to point b with minimum maintenance cost, multipurpose vehicle 'ika nga. Naiinis lang ako sa usok, ingay at vibration.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dati... pero na-ban na ata silang lahat (that alone will give you an idea on how rabid Isuzu fans they are... fantards na eh).

We give credit to Isuzu that they do make good engines in terms of durability and simplicity to maintain (as long as you keep the Trooper 4JX1 out of the topic) however the company fails to refine and upgrade to keep up with times in the Philippine market. We can give credit to the Koreans such as Hyundai as they have showed that diesels with more power need not be hopelessly breaking down as long they are maintained accordingly. If Toyota and Nissan were thinking like Isuzu, we'd forever have the 1HD-T engines on the Land Cruiser and TD42 in Patrols to this very day; the newer engines may have teething problems indeed but its a stepping stone to getting much better, more powerful and reliable diesels in the future.

BTW, we also had a XTO Crosswind before and an Innova. If i were in the market now, for my use (family and personal), definitely i
    'd be getting the Innova or Carens and not even dare think about the Crosswind. But if it were for business and farm use, I'd drive over to the Isuzu dealership and plunk down an order for a Crosswind.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj

Dati... pero na-ban na ata silang lahat (that alone will give you an idea on how rabid Isuzu fans they are... fantards na eh).

We give credit to Isuzu that they do make good engines in terms of durability and simplicity to maintain (as long as you keep the Trooper 4JX1 out of the topic) however the company fails to refine and upgrade to keep up with times in the Philippine market. We can give credit to the Koreans such as Hyundai as they have showed that diesels with more power need not be hopelessly breaking down as long they are maintained accordingly. If Toyota and Nissan were thinking like Isuzu, we'd forever have the 1HD-T engines on the Land Cruiser and TD42 in Patrols to this very day; the newer engines may have teething problems indeed but its a stepping stone to getting much better, more powerful and reliable diesels in the future.

BTW, we also had a XTO Crosswind before and an Innova. If i were in the market now, for my use (family and personal), definitely i
    'd be getting the Innova or Carens and not even dare think about the Crosswind. But if it were for business and farm use, I'd drive over to the Isuzu dealership and plunk down an order for a Crosswind.
    Bakit mga Honda fantards hinde na ban dito?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hindi ka pa kasi moderator/admin... hehehe. :D

Tsaka yung mga rabid Hondaboys, sa ibang website nagdagsaan at dun sila nagbobolahan.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sana nga sa totoong buhay pwedeng mag ban ng Honda Fantards eh. Friend ko napaka Fantard ng Super Duper Ricey Civic niya "DAW."

BTT:

Maganda naman ang crosswind in it's own way. If i'm gonna get one, it's because i'm gonna need it and for sure im gonna get the XTi Variant lang.

If the TS is really choosing among the three, then i'd take the Carens anyday.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yep, kanyang-kanyang dahilan lang yan.

For me, why I still retain the xto, it gets me to point a to point b with minimum maintenance cost, multipurpose vehicle 'ika nga. Naiinis lang ako sa usok, ingay at vibration.

Huwag ka lang daraan sa mga kalye ng Makati ng may on-the-spot emissions testing...

Siguradong nakangiti silang paparahin ka... Sa isip na nila,- "Kwarta na ito!"....

15.1K:bouncealt:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Huwag ka lang daraan sa mga kalye ng Makati ng may on-the-spot emissions testing...

Siguradong nakangiti silang paparahin ka... Sa isip na nila,- "Kwarta na ito!"....

15.1K:bouncealt:
    ^ Agree, agree brother.

Kaya nga ang 2000 Hilander ko hindi na gumagawi sa lugar na yan kahit na properly maintained & low odo reading pa. Hindi mausok itong unit ko, no problem passing the LTO emission test but with "buwaya sa kalsada" no chance at all. Anyway, another reason why I seldom drive this isuzu is because of the "no joy to drive" feature of this auv. Hindi ako masaya kapag ako ang nasa driver seat as compared to other cars we own (other cars in our garage are 05 Jazz, 07 Tucson, 09 City & latest is 1.8 Elantra)

Yes our brothers are right, matibay nga ang makina pero huhulihin ka naman ng ASBU, wala pang katorya-torya idrive eh ano ang advantage of having the jurazzic isuzu? Pang week end market & grocery trips lang actually ang gamit namin nitong unit.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    How about Hyundai fanatics bloating on this site?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^^mga wala kwenta puro OT!!!

btw TS ano best choice nyo sa options nyo?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Help: Crosswind XUV vs Innova vs Kia Carens vs Adventure