New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Newer Crosswinds are available in turbocharged form with a manual. Not too slow, anymore. Not fast, but not terrible compared to the 100 hp Innova. And the ride is much more comfortable.

Still smoke like hell, though.

What do you mean here, bro.?... "Not fast, but not terrible compared to the 100 hp Innova."....

Bro.,- but with an A/T, super bagal pa rin ng Crosswind....

14.9K:kodak:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2.5 D4D still doesn't come with an intercooler, and is still at just 100 hp. It's a bit meatier in pick-up than the Crosswind, but it's not quick.

The 2.5 4JA1T is still a turd, but the newer models have much better mid-range pick-up than previous models thanks to the turbo plus manual transmission. My tired old 4JA1 has to work hard to reach 120 and 140 km/h requires a long stretch of NLEX to hit. The 4JA1T with the manual transmission hits 120 with (relative) ease and gets to 140 quicker. Not that it can go much faster... come on... 85 hp is 85 hp, but it's not as unbearable as before, thanks to the 15 to 20 Nm boost it has over the older non-turbo engine over the rev-range. Peak torque is merely 185 Nm, but it feels spread out over a wider rev range than in the asthmatic naturally aspirated engine.

The automatic, though, is still incredibly slow.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The 2.5 4JA1T is still a turd,

.......................................the asthmatic naturally aspirated engine.

Bro.,- I like the way you think and write....

Made my day....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- I like the way you think and write....

Made my day....

Gotta call a spade a spade.

But remember the tortoise and the hare...

Doesn't matter if you're faster... if you don't have the durability to last the race...

-

That's why we still ain't selling the Crosswind... 220,000 kilometers? No fuel pump issues, no injector issues (has yet to have its first calibration), no gasket issues, no oil consumption? Chicken. Next stop. 300,000 kilometers.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Newer Crosswinds are available in turbocharged form with a manual. Not too slow, anymore. Not fast, but not terrible compared to the 100 hp Innova. And the ride is much more comfortable.

Still smoke like hell, though.
    panu pong not terrible compared sa innova sir? :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ericson21 View Post
    panu pong not terrible compared sa innova sir? :D

Bro.,- I posted the same question a couple of items before and here was bro.niky's response....

The 2.5 D4D still doesn't come with an intercooler, and is still at just 100 hp. It's a bit meatier in pick-up than the Crosswind, but it's not quick.

The 2.5 4JA1T is still a turd, but the newer models have much better mid-range pick-up than previous models thanks to the turbo plus manual transmission. My tired old 4JA1 has to work hard to reach 120 and 140 km/h requires a long stretch of NLEX to hit. The 4JA1T with the manual transmission hits 120 with (relative) ease and gets to 140 quicker. Not that it can go much faster... come on... 85 hp is 85 hp, but it's not as unbearable as before, thanks to the 15 to 20 Nm boost it has over the older non-turbo engine over the rev-range. Peak torque is merely 185 Nm, but it feels spread out over a wider rev range than in the asthmatic naturally aspirated engine.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yun nga.

In terms of acceleration, the old Crosswind MT took between 25 to 30 seconds to hit 100 km/h.

The new one feels closer to 20 to 25. (Not yet V-Boxed, but I plan to, as soon as I can get a test unit).

The Innova with the 2.5 MT takes around 17 seconds to get to 100 km/h. A lot better, but not that great... about the same as a Suzuki Alto.

From 0-60 km/h, the Crosswind is only one and a half to two seconds slower. Which doesn't matter all that much in traffic. Where the Crosswind is really slow is from 60-100 km/h... particularly over 80 km/h.

The big difference is in Automatics. The automatic Innova is only one or two seconds slower than the manual, but the automatic Crosswind is much, much, much slower than the manual.

This also depends on the trim level of the Crosswind. The taller and heavier XUV variant with the chrome wheels is slower than other Crosswind variants.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    crosswind - low cost maintenance... since long drive ... durable tlga tested na ang engine nito, space malaki, ground clearance downside noise and smokey...
    innova - well in terms of speed lamang tlaga to, comfort.... maintence cost not much so... because computer box ito..
    adventure - old school old engine parehas sila ng crosswind, downside yung shock, space in leg room..
    carens - no idea...

better stick to 3 brands toyota, mitsubishi, isuzu...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^^
    japanese brand fanatic ka tol?
    IMHO
    mas maganda na ang technology ng korean cars ngayon compared to other car brand w/c is the mitsu, toyota and esp. isuzu.
    it's a little bit OT na on the part w/c is comparing the jap and korean cars but its just the mentality of some filipinos(majority esp. yung di na informed at nakikinig lang sa usapusapan) its a new generation dapat open tayo sa new technologies ng mga bihasa at may mga karanasan at ebidensya na sila ay umuusbong at umuunlad,di dapat tayo ma.STOCK sa kung ano lng yung meron tayo we must look 4wd for the better for our future kaya di umuunlad pinas,tsk2 too much for that! Super OT na, but from what the ts is looking,they want an AUV
    thus yung choices niya fit on the JAPS car kasi mpv yung carens ng kia but they still consider it as one of their choices (*ts no offense)
    Yung AUV kasi designed for asian countries w/c is prone to flush floods kaya nga matataas yung ground clearance nila cause they know the condition of the roads in asian countries.
    Kaya marami ang naka innova,xwind at adventure kaysa carens because of those matter. Pero kung performance lang at safety features,hands down ako sa carens besides TS included this car for their choices.
    Personally I recommend kia carens kung di naman issue sa inyo ground clearance.
    Next is innova,par lng yung xwind at adventure.

BTW
    We have xwind sportivo xmax m/t, 2.5 turbo engine. Its true na mahina umarangkada ang xwind because it's not designed for drag racing kaya nga mahihina lang gamit ng engine sa mga mpvs or auvs,but based on personal experience talagang matibay na maingay ang makina nito.
    Sa innova at adventure di ko pa na drive ang mga ito kaya no comment muna sa driving aspects but nakasakay na ako both mas maganda ang ride ng innova compare adventure and xwind.
    In the other hand i have driven the kia carens manual on a test drive,ang ganda talaga kahit na ma.driver or passenger ka ang ganda talaga ng ride. Thrice the comfort on the adventure and crosswind and twice for innova.
    *ts go for carens m/t if you consider ride comfort,fc,and cheaper maintenance at the price of 1.2+M di kana lugi dun kaysa doon ka sa non improved car tapos overpriced at walang safety features basta wag mo lang gawing pangharabas dahil it's not designed for a workhorse car for asian countries. :D

Sana makatulong ako sayo TS.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gotta call a spade a spade.

But remember the tortoise and the hare...

Doesn't matter if you're faster... if you don't have the durability to last the race...

-

That's why we still ain't selling the Crosswind... 220,000 kilometers? No fuel pump issues, no injector issues (has yet to have its first calibration), no gasket issues, no oil consumption? Chicken. Next stop. 300,000 kilometers.

Haha! Yan ang hindi maintindihan ng mga fanboys ng Kia at Hyundai na puro HP ang priority. That is also one of reasons why there still buyers of crosswinds. Durability and low-cost maintenance. It will run using the cheapest SAE40 oils and dirty Phil. diesels without issues.

My friend and I compared my XTO to his Innova.

Friend: Palitan mo na yang crosswind mo. Hindi ka ba nagsasawa sa kakakain ng alikabok ng ibang kotse?

BB: Hindi naman, pero kapag naunahan ko sila, usok at alikabok ang kakainin nila.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Help: Crosswind XUV vs Innova vs Kia Carens vs Adventure