New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quick survey guys! Wife and I is planning on getting an AUV as family car. Looking at Xwind, Carens, Adventure and Innova. More of city driving kami but occasionally goes out of town (Baguio, Tagaytay) and to my hometown of San Pablo. So more of riding comfort, space and tipid na mileage. Of course maintenance must be cheaper too.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by VforVendetta View Post
    Quick survey guys! Wife and I is planning on getting an AUV as family car. Looking at Xwind, Carens, Adventure and Innova. More of city driving kami but occasionally goes out of town (Baguio, Tagaytay) and to my hometown of San Pablo. So more of riding comfort, space and tipid na mileage. Of course maintenance must be cheaper too.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
    1st reco would be a diesel Innova then close second yung CRDi Carens based on what you need.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Among your choices I'd choose Innova

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    AUV pala hanap mo eh.. adventure, xwind or innova lang choice mo.. carens kasi is MPV... more car like ride yan carens with extra 2 seats... as usual na recommendation eh xwind na naman due to very efficient, durable but yet smokey diesel engine.. but for the price and features medyo talo ka... sa adventure.. almost same ng xwind old school pero mas mura at madami features.. sa innova panalo sa technology na auv kasi sa D4D engine

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ilan kayo sa family? If you don't need to seat a lot of people, the Carens is the best choice. It has the best ride quality and dragster engine performance but still with good gas mileage. Second up is the Innova. It is slightly bigger than the Carens, has more rugged underpinnings (shared with the Fortuner and Hilux), and the engine is very fuel efficient and adequately powerful. The Crosswind and Adventure are both old school diesels. The Crosswind has the upper hand in fuel efficiency and climbing ability, the Adventure is more refined and performs better in higher speeds. If you don't need to seat 10, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

The Innova seems to have a good balance between the riding smoothness of modern minivans like the Carens and the ruggedness of an old-school AUV like the Crosswind. Might be the best option to meet your requirements.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Adventure - medyo mahina sa climbing ability (4D56 without TDIC).
    Crosswind - powerful engine, durable, very fuel efficient pero hindi smooth, i used to ride a 2003 XUV and i could feel the rough vibration up to the steering wheel, just do'nt know with the newer models.
    Carens - have'nt tried driving one.

I'd go for an Innova.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My vote is for the Innova. My brother has a D4D, borrowed and drove it to Bicol. Have a suitable power climbing the Quezon National Park in Atimonan with 5 pax plus baggage. It has spacious cabin too.
    Last edited by gongrhey; February 13th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

I didn't even consider the fuel choices when I recommended the Innova, altough the 2.5L D4-D would be my personal choice if I were on the market for an Innova. Has a better throttle response than the 2.7L VVT-i, most notably on hilly terrain.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have a look at the new Avanza. Interior is much improved over the old one, and you'll be surprised at the headroom and legroom available.

Elbow room... that's another matter... but if there are just six of you, it's okay.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Help: Crosswind XUV vs Innova vs Kia Carens vs Adventure