New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Bumida nanaman ang Korean cars kay GTi....

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha~ Syempre naman, walang panama ang mga kapresyo nila eh! Iba talaga ang dating ng mga to. At... nagsuggest ako ng Accord diba?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Wala na sa kalendaryo ang Accord

Wala na ako masyado nakikitang Accord ngayon, ilalabas pa ba yung MMC?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Personally, seeing lots of Camrys around I don't find it any different from a Corolla Altis anymore. I mean, if you would want something that will surely be a looker the Camry should be at the last batch of your priority.

Chicks will dig the Honda Accord, in black please or in pearl white. Same thing with your clients or any business partners for that matter cause admittedly the Honda prestige isn't dead yet.

Maintenance cost, expect the Accord to be a bit high compared to the Camry. But since you're able to afford a 2M+ worth vehicle, I'd think this wont bother you a lot.

Everything said, I'd stick with my main point, get the Accord. Though it will not be a looker as the Hyundai Sonata ( especially when you do jhnkvn's suggestion ), I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. Unless of course, you're after that big-ass panoramic sunroof that the Sonata offers.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wow, that's a big budget you have there. Coming from a Santa Fe? Do you mean the old one or the new one? For an SUV You may want the Sorento TLX Premium which you can have Hancars import, or if you really want to buy a local unit, get the Sorento Deluxe from Kia Philippines. The Sorento, being launched later than the Santa Fe should have any possible kinks ironed out already. It also passes all your criteria. Are big gasoline SUVs your type? If so, then the CX9 it is. Just make sure to remove the ratty 180km/h speed governor. But be prepared for Expedition-like gas bills. For sedan, I'd suggest the Accord V6 still, for the huge amount of power available and better fuel mileage especially in the highway courtesy of VCM. Or if you don't need that much power, the Sonata Premium is an excellent choice with lots of luxury amenities and is more of a head turner than cars twice its price.
    I'm coming from the pre-facelifted Santa Fe. Got my 4x4 CRDI last December 2007. My brother's getting it. I did have second thoughts about giving it away since there a lot better accessories available for it now, but it was my turn to get a new car.

It's too bad that they don't allow test drives for the CX9. Actually, I'm going to Honda today to check out the facelifted Accord. It's near a Hyundai dealer and will drop by also if there's still time.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    What's the opinion on the Mazda 6?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipchip View Post
    What's the opinion on the Mazda 6?
    Nice looking car with good handling/performance but a little small-ish in interior space (as compared to cars like the Accord, Camry, Teana & Sonata).

Great if owner driven but bad if you plan to have a driver with you seated at the back because legroom isn't that big.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 28th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, how do you feel about the Volvo S60?

Entry model with 1.6L Turbo (148hp) at around P2.5M.

Physical size is somewhat between the BMW 3 and 5 series.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 28th, 2011 at 06:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mahal parts niya, GH.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast