New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Isn't Porsche using the same diesel engines as Audi? Audi's SQ5 uses the same chassis and engine as the Macan.
    The Macan shares only about 20% of the audi DNA. Afaik it shares the wheelbase, suspension and steering rack albiet with some modifications on the Porsche.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Isn't Porsche using the same diesel engines as Audi? Audi's SQ5 uses the same chassis and engine as the Macan.
    Macan and Q5 have different engines, both petrol and diesels.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by migz71 View Post
    7.3 M yong cayenne diesel... The Macan was perfect score in UK review... Better than Evoque & BMW's...how reliable about reviews?...

Parang 80% Macan na ako..hehe... My choices nlng is either Macan S or Macan Diesel... Ano kaya sa dalawa ang the best?....
    I'd go with the Macan S if choosing between that or the S diesel. Better top end as torque is more than sufficient naman plus you'll enjoy the car better.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Macan all the way na ko... Nakita ko rin sales ng Macan it's doing very well.. I'll try to test drive before choosing either on this 2.... Better of driving for gas version no doubt of it... But for fuel efficiency and resale value i think the diesel is ahead... Guys is my perception is correct?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Resale of porsche CUVs suck big time. Dont buy it for the resale value or fuel efficiency. Buy it because you will drive it like you stole it ;) get the gas version. Why buy a porsche Only to choose the diesel variant? Go all-in and get the S version as a minimum.

Besides, anyone who is considering a porsche shouldnt even consider fuel efficiency. They just dont belong in the same sentence together. Hehe. Which isnt to say that these new turbo gas engines are not efficient ----- cause they are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123