New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    180k na lang price ng esteem wagon ngayon fafa otep? mura na pala ah. i remember it was selling for around 600 ++ at around 1998.
    Php 155k ang cheapest na nakita ko. Yung matic na tinignan ko Php200k.

Meron sa autocamp, maroon na matic, Php258k. No thank you na lang. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    You might want to check the 97 Nissan Sentra 1.4L manual tranny. Less powerful than its 1.6L version, but it will give you a comfortable ride, cold aircon, reasonable room front & rear seating.

Things to watch out for though:
    -is the car completely factory stock or has it been modified? When buying a 2nd hand car, its best to choose a stock car.
    -check the engine, has anything been changed/upgraded? Same thing here, its wiser to choose a stock car.
    -drive the car around the block and then some more. Give it a bit of a work out so you can find out if the suspension and other bits of the car are still fine.
    -regarding the aircon system. Since its almost a ten year old car, you will have to assume the aircon will need some work done soon or it has had some work done already. Ask the seller what has been done. Aside from this, have the aircon system checked if it has some leaks somewhere. I have heard of some buyers who's a/c system stopped blowing cold air a few days after they purchased a used car. The seller knew the a/c had a slow freon leak (in the compressor) but fixing it would cost a lot of money, so they just refilled the freon just before selling the car. The buyer ended up having to replace the compressor.
    -check if the engine revs smooth & well all the way to the max rpm.
    -check the body for any major repair work done.
    i can vouch that an EX saloon is a nice car. we had one before. we're averaging 10km/l....hataw mode 9s and can even squeeze 12km/l in economy driving. if you want an all powered version look for 98 EX saloon Series IV....it's still within your budget.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    early Toyota corollas, yun 90 or 93 models ok pa din. It's best to leave some money for maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    better to take Toyota brand. easier to find replacement and cheaper cost of parts.
    > if ever you will buy 2nd hand car better to check the shocks, and for the seller ask what are the major repair done, sometimes they says no major repair happened.
    > or better get a trusted mechanic to bring with you once you found the right car to buy.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    150-180K?

I'd either take a look at the:

96-97 Mazda 323 (Gen II) 1.6L
    Itlog Lancer (94-96)

though if you really want to save on gas, I'd find myself a well-maintained Kia Pride.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ok, thanks to all who replied. I'll take all your advises.I really appreciated all your help. time for car hunting now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
help in choosing 2nd hand car....