New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by JayParks View Post
    Hi! Any recommendation po between these two? kasi dalawa lang po ang choice ko so far, 1st is a 2009-2012 model Honda City and 2014 up na Mirage G4. Our current budget is 300k-350k. It will not be used as an everyday vehicle po, siguro 2 or 3 times a week lang and most of the time 2 or 3 na sakay lang po including me, occasional long trips with 5 persons. Thank you so much for your feedback

I'll go for the Honda City, but make sure that it's been maintained properly. Check all tires and their tread depths, any mis-matched paint, drive it and check if any vibration during braking, check if temperature gauge stays in the middle, any suspension noise, also coolant reservoir should be clean and no signs of oil contamination and engine oil shouldn't look like a milkshake or closer consistency. Tranny should be shifting smooth too and no jerking and or noticeable delay, its atf should be redish. And lastly, check the a/c.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    The're be both reliable vehicles and parts should be closely comparable in costs. Get the one that you like more to drive (handling and ergonomics wise), and consider outside aesthetics as well.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    The're be both reliable vehicles and parts should be closely comparable in costs. Get the one that you like more to drive (handling and ergonomics wise), and consider outside aesthetics as well.
    Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

4. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    We are buying a 2011 vios 1.3E matic mga sir. Any idea if the 78K odometer is somehow realistic for this year model given na 2nd owner na yung seller? Salamat sa magrereply.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukoy26 View Post
    We are buying a 2011 vios 1.3E matic mga sir. Any idea if the 78K odometer is somehow realistic for this year model given na 2nd owner na yung seller? Salamat sa magrereply.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    an average of 10K km a year, po.
    inquire what the previous owner(s) did for a living.
    traveling salesman...?
    weekend maller ride only?
    schoolbus?

but kung good condition naman, ok na yan.
    i myself, 140K km.. 103k km.. 100k km... decently maintained.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 18th, 2019 at 01:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    an average of 10K km a year, po.
    inquire what the previous owner(s) did for a living.
    traveling salesman...?
    weekend maller ride only?
    schoolbus?
    Agreed 101% with you Doc.

In addition, an 8yr old car requires a good scrutiny, preferably by a certified mechanic.

Set a budget for fluid change (oil, atf, brake fluid, coolant, etc.), suspension repair, even new set of tires and brake pads... These will give you peace of mind (safety) and utmost improvement in driving comfort.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    So far, what you've read is correct.
    I am a Grab Operator (16cars), 25yrs in transportation business, I've had almost all models of Vios and personally owned a 2009 City.

FC: Vios' FC is horrible, 2nd worst in my book (worst is Ford Fiesta). City is in the middle in terms of FC.

Maintenance cost/Durability/Reliability: Vios beats City. But, it does not mean that maintaining a Vios is the cheapest. Rack n pinion of Vios will take you 30k+, stab link 1800 (orig) / 850 replacement, radiator fan assembly P5, 600...These are the common problems of Vios Gen 3. Vios a/c is not as good as City's. I replaced the wheel bearing hub of my City... P35 (orig)

My wife's car is a 2013 Altis... Safer, bigger, worse FC vs Vios (smaller engine) ...

Buy a car based on what you value most, based on what is important to you. You can't have it all you know.
    in your experience what would be the best car for daily driving, personal use over all?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mccoy26 View Post
    in your experience what would be the best car for daily driving, personal use over all?
    My car values:
    1 Durability
    2 Safety & Comfort
    3 Operating cost effectiveness

My answer: 2013 Altis V (My Wife's ride)

P. S. I don't have a car, I take Grab wherever and whenever I need to go somewhere, especially when I have to be in multiple places in a day.

Buy a car based on what you value most, based on what is important to you. You can't have it all you know.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    vios 2011

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12