New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    a lot of us naman are buying cars as if we're keeping the vehicle for life.

but the marketing of a new model year car, cant resist .... hehehehe
    True... kita ko lang ang bagong Kia Carens... ayyyyy, laglag shorts koh!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hjcals View Post
    Hi Guys...

Thanks again for the input. I ended up buying a brand new Altis 1.6G. Got at least 60K in discounts plus freebies (rain gutter, rear visor & the usual stuff). Good deal in my opinion...

I was out-voted by my in-laws and wife in buying a 2nd hand unit... So, here I am, a proud owner of a brand new Altis.
    on theory i would have bought second hand, but it would depend on the actual unit.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RIDE!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HJcals,

do they have 1.6G? Diba 1.8g nalang or did you get 1.6E? Kung okay lang can you PM the price you got? AM getting one compact car soon.

Did you consider new honda civic?

thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes, 1.6G. I recall they discontinued that model a few years back but they re-introduced it on the 2006 lineup. 854K retail price.

I did consider the Honda Civic but decided against it due to the relatively higher maintenance costs and also due to the "newness" of the model. As opposed to the latest model of the Altis which is several iterations already from the 1st release. I would expect that they would have worked out all the "bugs" on the latest Altis model already. Check out this forum for feedback on the new Civic.

I know the look of the Altis may be "outdated" already compared to the new Civic, but madali namang i-dress-up yan eh kung gusto mo talagang pagandahin, tsaka in my opinion, personal preference na lang yang look.

Good luck on your new car search.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Help: Brand new vs 2nd hand Altis