New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I wonder, is the rather poor performance of the 1.4L Gamma related to the transmission? How does the 1.4L 6 speed manual variant perform?

Between the two, I'd get the Rio. Both are roomy for a subcompact and have big trunks. But the Rio has the better suspension, and much more appealing looks (for me, at least). But then go for the manual if possible.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I wonder, is the rather poor performance of the 1.4L Gamma related to the transmission? How does the 1.4L 6 speed manual variant perform?

Between the two, I'd get the Rio. Both are roomy for a subcompact and have big trunks. But the Rio has the better suspension, and much more appealing looks (for me, at least). But then go for the manual if possible.
    The 1.4L Gamma in the Accent is mated to a 5 speed MT. I doubt if it is because of the tranny.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Available soon in the Accent 1.4 is the new Kappa D-CVVT engine. Stands for Dual-Continuous Variable Valve Timing. Whatever technology it is. I hope it will finally and efficiently work in the Accent.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    No word yet when kia will upgrade the 1.4 to kappa?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Kappa is a fantastic motor. Punchy and revvy as hell. I actually prefer the Kappa 1.2 Rio to the 1.4 Rio.

At COTY-P, the Rio 1.2 5MT was almost two seconds faster than the Rio 1.4 4AT. And it's less than a second slower than the Accent 1.6 4AT. Yeah. Freaking good motor.

A 1.4 liter variant of the Kappa with similar power upgrade might make less peak power than the current 1.4, but it'll probably out-torque it and out-perform it in every other way, including fuel economy. Heck... if they tune it right, it might still make exactly as much power, while still being torquier and more fuel efficient.
    6 speed MT na rin sarap ihataw nun

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi mga katsikot. Bago lang po ako dito. Meron na po ba ditong may 2013 Hyundai Accent 1.4 GL 6-speed MT? I'm planning to buy one pero gusto ko po sana makahingi ng feedback from owners kung kamusta po ung bagong kappa engine.

1. Ala na po ba "Engine Knock" issue?
    2. Ok napo ba ung power di po ba hirap tulad nung mga issue lumabas sa 2011 version?
    3. matipid ba sa gas? ilang km/liter po?

Thanks in advanced!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12