New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... despite the odd looks in the rear, the Strada is the best "lifestyle" vehicle amongst the three.

The Pajero is more truckish than the Strada in terms of ride, but it's smooth and comfortable, nonetheless... smoother than the Ranger if you get one with the adjustable damper system. And it's decently strong for an old-school turbo... the 2.8 intercooled engine is good. More clattery than the modern CRDis (DiD and TDCi) in the Strada and Ranger, but still strong, and possibly more resistant to poor fuel quality in the Philippines... though any diesel will need injector maintenance if run on poor quality diesel, CRDi or not.

Myself? I prefer the Ranger amongst the three... great power, good handling, good utility... but I'm a guy. I'd be driving that thing with the windows down, my cap on backwards, my sleeves rolled up and my arm over the windowsill. Your tastes may differ...

The Pajero is a good car. But you have to be careful when buying secondhand. There are likely going to be some items that need repairing right away, or within 50,000 kms of the purchase. Also, lots of converted units being passed off as local... and there are well-documented cases of carnapped units with false registrations. But this goes with the territory when buying secondhand. If you can find a good one, congrats!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm... IMO if you have the budget for brand new then ill definitely go for that. kahit maganda yung pajero, iba pa din if you got a brand new car, no worries, peace of mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
help! 2nd hand 3rd generation pajero or a brand new ford ranger??