New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Even so, german cars are not as tested as japanese cars, sure their luxurious but have you seen a german car on philippines roads go as far as 500t kms or more on its odo?

Its just normal for a toyota taxi.

And have you tried browsing the prices of 90s german cars online? If you are an owner just keep it because selling it will give u heartache letting it go for a very little price compared to how much u bought it brand new.

I notice how manufacturers nowadays throws a lot of features in cars and people tend to forget the history of the brands. Its a great strategy being done specially by korean brands.

Designed in germany? What specifically? Because i dont think its the whole car, if it does then the price cant be that low. Its only their strategy.

Just my 2 cent

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Designed in germany? What specifically? Because i dont think its the whole car, if it does then the price cant be that low. Its only their strategy.
    Just my 2 cents
    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App[/QUOTE]

designed in germany is one thing. using german-designed-but-china-made parts is another.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boyka View Post
    500t kms
    Mercedes has a million-mile club. Secondhand W123s and 300Ds in particular are pretty nice cars to drive in this country. Parts are expensive, but those tanks last a long time. The engines are good for about half-a-million kilometers with no major repairs.

Its just normal for a toyota taxi.
    The Toyota taxis I've seen with 200-300k kilometers have had a lot of major repairs. You can get one there, but you will be replacing a lot of parts... especially if it's urban taxi use, which often leads to overheating and blown engines. Newer Toyota Taxis are even more prone to heat problems.

It's not like the old days, when you could take carbureted Toyota tank with an underpowered, unstressed engine and rack up a million kilometers between engine rebuilds. (I actually met someone who took a 70's Corolla that far...

The Mirage's engine is a german design (though it's unclear whether it's still made by Daimler or if it's produced in-house in Thailand, now). And that car costs less than any other 1.2 liter car out there... and less than any one liter bar the Wigo and the Alto.

Chinese-made... it's all about the quality control of the plant in question. Can't make generalizations, because there are plants that produce stuff that is Western in quality, and there are plants that are complete garbage. Case-to-case basis yun. Just like Chinese car brands, mismo.
    Last edited by niky; April 26th, 2014 at 01:57 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567