New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    the first time i saw the new lancer 2.0 was last year when i was in singapore...they have released it in malaysia and singapore in the mid of 2007...maybe because they have made a lot of units in rhd...
    that's why i am so glad seeing it in our streets now...i really like its interior and exterior design...
    i own a 2.0 civic and got no regrets having it...but still want to have the new lancer someday

ano pa nga ba ang mai-aadvice ko, i have tried the 2.0 civic s-L, so better go for civic, but if you want something new, choose the lancer!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i'm partial to the civic 2.0 s-l because we have one. all i can say is that, in the 19 months we've been driving this fd trim, it has met all our expectations. even the hard seats have somewhat softened to my bottom's liking ( or nasanay na di ata ) as i expected it eventually would. mahal lang ng gulong niya, naputokan kami the other night sa coastal road...badtrip buti na lang hindi na bengkong iyong rim

on the otherhand, the corolla's stance & beauty is growing on me. it's not breathtaking but i do find myself admiring its spartan looks nowadays. i guess it has become something like an acquired taste, much like what coors light beer did to me too

the '08 lancer is a beast. this car has got a very aggressive stance. definitely no ifs nor buts about this car. either you like it or you don't...nothing half-way
    Last edited by baludoy; July 18th, 2008 at 12:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=Zace;1082303]I am a TOYOTA loyalist but between the 3, I would go for the CIVIC 2.0s. the reason: i was a bit dissapointed with the new altis because though it was totally redesigned, only the front seemed to have benifitted from it from the outside, the side looks very much the same as the old generation altis and the back sports a taillamp which is very reminiscent of the 2001 altis taillamp, the interior though is completely redesigned and is indeed pleasing to the eyes and is ergonomically designed, the engine is a mere carryover from the previous model minus some horsepower and torque to give way to better emissions (the dual vvti did not reach philippine shores?). ...QUOTE]

What engine are you looking for that has dual VVT-i? AFAIK the Philippines gets the same engine as other markets, the 1zz-fe(1.8L) and the 3zz-fe(1.6L), some others get the 2az-fe(2.4L) (US)and a smaller 1.5L. Toyota Australia markets their engine as dual VVT-i and it's the same 1.8L engine used in the Philippines the 1zz-fe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sorry medyo OT.

Ano ba FC ng Civic 2.0S-L?

baludoy, yung Civic mo ba yung naka 17" typeR rims?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i'm an avid honda civic fan. i have (test) drived both, the honda civic 2.0S back in '06 and the Lancer EX GT-A just this year but i've seen it at singapore mga july last year pa. though i'm a civic fan, this time around, my vote goes to the lancer EX GT-A. Though the civic 2.0S-L has VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) while lancer EX GT-A has none, the Lancer has 7 airbags compared to the civic which has only 4. Lancer also sports an 18" rims vs civic's 17". Lancer also have a Rockford Fosgate sound system.

...though that's just my opinion. after the day, it will still be your decision...

...ganbatte ne...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I am actually also choosing between some of the vehicles mentioned in this thread. My timeline to shop is a bit longer perhaps first Q 2009.

In my list the Altis is definitely out of the picture. In this day and age where gas prices have doubled over the past year does it make sense to buy anything with 2.0 in it?

My selections are the 1.6 and 1.8 variants of these models (with some mods of course).

Lancer GT-A is damn good but for the price and the 2.0 only engine I'd shy away. MMC pls release 1.8 variants please! Plus I've heard the FC is terrible. Mitsu's reputation in recent years is also a problem but like Mazda I believe MMC is on the verge of a comeback.

Civic has a 1.8 S variant which I can be comfortable with, price tag is nice and I've heard FC is respectable. It is currently my #1 choice.

The other choice in my list (Removing Altis) is the reliable Mazda 3 and IMHO revolutionalized the subcompact market way back in '04. Its design is timeless and you cant beat the so many out of the box goodies. Mazda really knows value for money. However it still seems odd that in this age of 5 speed at and 6 speed manuals for a 4 speed engine to compete. Makes you wonder what 2010 model year has in store for the 3.

If you had a hold of C! July issue theres a six way comparo there between 08 Civic, 08 Lancer, 08 Subaru Impreza, 08 Altis and the refurbished 08 Mazda and the Ford Focus.

Guess who ended 3rd -- The Mazda 3. Behind newcomer Lancer and the Impreza.

I was actually dissapointed that 2009 will not be completely new Mazda 3 because I will drop the Civic (like a hot potato) should there be a confirmation of a release. But it seems it is not going to happen and I will be stuck with a sedan by the time the '10 Mazda 3 releases -- fuming with envy for sure.

I think for any buyer at this pt in time is safe with the fourth placer Civic, if you engage in a 3 yr plan now, you can switch to the 2010 mazda by Fall of 2011 (hehe), Judging that the resale value of both Mazdas and Civics are becoming high.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Focus TDCi: hindi lang pampamilya...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5CE8ZypAM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5CE8ZypAM[/ame]

Matipid na, matulin pa. Guwapo na at di kalat na kalat sa daan. Bakit wala sa shortlist mo ito?

P.S.
    Napansin ko lang na ang daming mali sa car specs nung C! comparo.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maybe because its manual only which is a turn off for people in that price range which is above a million...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    sorry medyo OT.

Ano ba FC ng Civic 2.0S-L?

baludoy, yung Civic mo ba yung naka 17" typeR rims?
    nag-lalaro ng 7-9 kms/liter FC nuong sa amin. although i have yet to check its FC lately. but i suppose depende din talaga sa driving conditions at sa driving habits.

w/ re: to its rims, 16 inchers lang siya na stock. nothing special

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Napansin ko lang na ang daming mali sa car specs nung C! comparo.
    Maybe you can elaborate where the C! comparo was wrong rather than just telling us that without supporting statements.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HELP!!! '08 Lancer 2.0, '08 Civic 2.0S, or '08 Altis 1.8V???