New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    True sa Accent, its the engine that is the saving grace.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Top pick for me would be the Jazz VX. Engine is very responsive especially when paired with the CVT. It has paddle shifters too for more fun. Handling is pretty good as well, better than most subcompacts sans the Fiesta and Mazda 2. It's much more spacious and comfortable than those 2 cramped subcompacts though.

As a first time car buyer, I don't think you'll notice the torquier engine or sharper handling of the Fiesta but you'll surely notice the larger space, more comfortable ride, cheaper maintenance, higher resale value, and easier parts availability.

But if you want to buy the Fiesta, go ahead. It's a great driver's car. Be different. But we're just letting you know what you're getting into.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you have the money to spend, the subcompact hatchbacks are better than these small city cars. Unless the TS is so keen on fuel expense, maybe he would consider a Mirage or Wigo.
    I have budget naman sir that's why i'm more interested on those 3 subcompact hb. By the way, among those 3 choices i have ano po masasabi nyo sa fuel consumption of each cars? Thank you!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Top pick for me would be the Jazz VX. Engine is very responsive especially when paired with the CVT. It has paddle shifters too for more fun. Handling is pretty good as well, better than most subcompacts sans the Fiesta and Mazda 2. It's much more spacious and comfortable than those 2 cramped subcompacts though.

As a first time car buyer, I don't think you'll notice the torquier engine or sharper handling of the Fiesta but you'll surely notice the larger space, more comfortable ride, cheaper maintenance, higher resale value, and easier parts availability.

But if you want to buy the Fiesta, go ahead. It's a great driver's car. Be different. But we're just letting you know what you're getting into.

Thanks sa input sir! Based on the inputs from other, they also suggest Jazz which i'm ok with. And now, I'm thinking about the what you've said, maintenance, resale value and parts availability ng Fiesta (Is Jazz better than this?) And I've heard na mahirap daw humanap ng parts ng Ford dito sa Pinas?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    A bit off topic...but this seems like the hot rod version of the Jazz.

Honda's Small RS Concept Is A Baby Civic Type R | Carscoops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honda should have used their 1.0L turbo engine on the Jazz. The EUDM Civic base model uses this engine in place of the R18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DonPoogs1327 View Post
    I have budget naman sir that's why i'm more interested on those 3 subcompact hb. By the way, among those 3 choices i have ano po masasabi nyo sa fuel consumption of each cars? Thank you!
    Mazda owners are raving about the fuel efficiency of their SkyActiv engines. You can check the Mazda threads for real world fuel consumption of the Mazda2.

The Jazz has decent fuel efficiency. You can do around 10 km/L for city routes and 15-18 km/L on the highway.

The Fiesta Ecoboost is averaging around 8 km/L on city routes with my driving style. If you drive conservatively and keep the engine from not spooling its turbo, you can do around 10 km/L. On the highway, the Fiesta Ecoboost can do around 15-20 km/L depending on how fast you’re doing. I have no idea about the Fiesta with the 1.5L NA engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I regularly get 7km/l in my Jazz 1.5L
    Edsa

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    I regularly get 7km/l in my Jazz 1.5L
    Edsa

pasig mandaluyong then makati bgc? only the celerio can better that fc..

your fc is acceptable

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hahaha! U might have a point

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast