New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    the thread started with the comparison of transmissions of truck-based SUVs (Montero Sport, Fortuner, Everest, Alterra), and i believe it is proper to stick on the said SUVs.
    correct.. baka magkakagulo pa ulit...

montero sport with vgt... sana dumating na next year..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    the thread started with the comparison of transmissions of truck-based SUVs (Montero Sport, Fortuner, Everest, Alterra), and i believe it is proper to stick on the said SUVs.

kung ganyan lang pagpipilian parang walang best A/T. wala naman naka tiptronic ata dyan eh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung MS, tiptronic na.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    kung ganyan lang pagpipilian parang walang best A/T. wala naman naka tiptronic ata dyan eh
    FYI naka tiptronic ang montero sport..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Everest, the only one that has 5 speed automatic... More gears, more flexible!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Monterosport, its the only one with the Manual mode shifter (+/-)... and Mitsubishi makes the most reliable AT transmissions....

Ford is the worst my friend had an 01 Expedition blown AT transmission ....
    Toyota is good/reliable but a soft and comfort-tuned AT...
    Isuzu.... slow....
    An Expedition doesn't share engines, transmissions or even engineering teams with the Everest, which is Mazda B-Series based.

And as others have noted here... there are those of us with erh... "unfortunate" experiences with repairing Mitsubishi INVECS systems.

-

In my driving, the Fortuner transmission actually feels more responsive than the Montero Sport transmission... though this is on a case-to-case basis... the Montero 2.5's extra power makes it feel better than the Fortuner 2.5... whereas the Fort's 4AT really shines when mated to the 3.0... the Montero 3.2 feels sluggish in comparison.

-

The Everest 5-speed feels a bit indecisive with the 2.5. With the 3.0, it's the best engine-transmission combo in the class. But the Everest simply isn't a match for the Montero Sport in many other areas.

-

Let's talk about brakes instead? Because the brakes on all these trucks simply suck. :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    FOR ME

2.7 VVTI A/T TOYOTA FORTUNER

IS THE BEST ..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    i dont wanna compare Mitsubishis of yore with the new Montero Sport's tranny. But the INVECS-II tranny of the MS, if it is very much related to the INVECS-II of the Lancer Pizza Pie would mean no good. I've known several failing Mitsu trannies, from the INVECS-II equipped Lancers to the more conventional Galant 7th and 8th gen matics(failing to shift e.i stucked to 2nd etc, skipping gear, starting at 3rd gear, delays in downshift/upshifts etc).
    Baka naman kaya parehas naging experience ninyo ay sa parehas na shop lang kayo nagpapaservice. Or kung sakaling sa casa naman, ay di lang marunong mag troubleshot mga mechanic doon. Malamang may pinukpok lang gumana tapos binigay sa inyo na wala naman talagang nirepair kaya pabalik balik ang problema. Technology like the INVECS ay di pwede ang pachamba lang ang pagrerepair at pagcacalibrate. Pakitingnan na lang po itong link and see what I mean.
    http://www.pjchris.myqth.com/Pajero/23.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And as others have noted here... there are those of us with erh... "unfortunate" experiences with repairing Mitsubishi INVECS systems.
    Baka naman kaya po kayo nagkaroon ng unfortunate experience sa repair ay either palpak ang maintenance or palpak ang mechanic.

Yung mga nagrerepair dapat ng mga system kagaya ng sa mga gumagamit ng artificial intelligence ay una alam dapat ang buong concept at logic ng system. Saka dapat din po may mga manual ang mga gumagalaw niyan. Minsan nga po kahit may manual na ay hindi pa sapat ang mga information na nakasulat (lalo na iba ang language ng manufacturer at translated lang mga manuals) kaya yung iba ay kailangan pang makipagcomunicate sa after service ng manufacturer mismo. What more pa kung papagalaw lang sa kay suking mechanic.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen View Post
    Yung mga nagrerepair dapat ng mga system kagaya ng sa mga gumagamit ng artificial intelligence ay una alam dapat ang buong concept at logic ng system. Saka dapat din po may mga manual ang mga gumagalaw niyan. Minsan nga po kahit may manual na ay hindi pa sapat ang mga information na nakasulat (lalo na iba ang language ng manufacturer at translated lang mga manuals) kaya yung iba ay kailangan pang makipagcomunicate sa after service ng manufacturer mismo. What more pa kung papagalaw lang sa kay suking mechanic.
    Hwow. Artificial intelligence. What a laugh. Almost all manufacturers use adaptive fuzzy logic in their transmissions nowadays, so INVECS isn't really any different from anything else.

Here, we're not even talking about calibration, reprogramming or electronics diagnosis. We're talking about actual, physical damage and destruction.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Mitsubishi transmissions are as fragile as some Honda, Mazda and Ford ATs (the Ford 4-speed that it shared with Mazda in the mid-90's was one of the worst pieces of garbage... ever), but my post was in reaction to the statement that Mitsubishi transmissions are the most reliable... because they're not. They're not horrible... but they're not all that.

Then you get to Mitsubishi IACV, engine sensors and other niggles... Hey... our favorite excuse for sensor failures on Fords on the FCP board? They fail because they're made by Mitsubishi. (Yes, Ford-Mazdas use Mitsubishi sensors and electronics... newer Fords use their own.)

This is not to say that I expect the same from the Montero. The important part for any modern diesel is the injector-pump system, and those seem pretty robust.
    Last edited by niky; December 6th, 2010 at 10:07 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Amen to that Niky.

o.t: and that is why servo problems are also plaguing Mazda Familias much as they do on 'itlog' and 'pizza' Lancers. Nice info.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Which has the best A/T: Montero Sport, Fortuner, Everest or Alterra?