New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Grabe in retrospect ang mahal nga ng Jazz. Yung price pala niya compact sedan teritory na!
    kung 1.5 Jazz kaunti na lang dagdag pwede ng mag Civic, but for economy and mostly city driving the 1.3 Jazz A/T looks good for me... well for the Focus.. dream ko yung new TDCi Kinetic Dual-clutch semi-automatic

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    me, i'd get the jazz if it's going to be my second car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko ha?

cost wise: focus

yun nga lang, talo ka sa FC tsaka resale (alam mo naman ang mindset ng pilipino sa honda). pero if you are buying a car with a specific budget and would want a bang for the buck approach to it, ok yung focus.

maintenance wise, pareho lang din halos yan.
    kung second car, why not get a vios or a city? way freaking cheaper than the new jazz?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    IMO the 1.5 jazz is overpriced. if you are looking for fuel efficient car or for an everyday car, i believe the 1.3 will do. you will even save some money for accessories or you can use the extra money to fill up your tank.

if im going to buy a focus, i will opt for the new TDCI. best of both worlds, power and efficiency.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Note also that the Focus is rated 5 stars EuroNCAP (highest rating) so you'll have the best chassis when safety is a concern.

Furthermore, the Focus has a much superior NVH so you will hear much less road noise and will have a more comfortable cabin.

If you're concerned with fuel economy, get the Focus M/T and it will return decent numbers though it won't match the Jazz.

Also, the Focus suspension is one the best in its class - offering the best compromise of comfort and handling. You'll be surprised on how much cushion there is over imperfect roads compared to the Jazz which uses ancient technology torsion beam.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    i dunno ha pero eto yung take ko....

power = jazz (kasi power to weight ratio, yung jazz lighter tapos 120hp yata yung ivtec... while yung focus, heavier tapos alam ko lower than 120 yun)
    fuel efficiency = jazz... smaller body, more powerful engine, mas matipid talaga
    looks = definitely the focus, euro design eh. bigger and much more comfortable pa kasi SWB yung jazz eh...
    handling = heard the focus is the best in here. bests even the mazda 3 and the civic
    maintenance = relatively the same siguro.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    what if i figure in after sales service? i heard that ford's after sales service is not that good.

is it really that bad? or it ain't much of a clincher to steer our decision back to the jazz?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    siguro power reason mo (aside from the bonuses na kasama ng 797k pricetag niya like the bodykits at paddle shifters) kaya 1.5 ng jazz yung dapat mong kukunin.
    well if your into power nga and your mind is on the price range only (entry level ng focus), maybe get the jazz. as they have said nga, smaller body w/ a decent power engine = maganda hatak. compare to the focus na heavier ang body w/ 1.8 displacement, siguro medyo mahihirapan yun humatak leading to poor fuel economy.
    but IF it's power nga yung reason mo & don't mind the price, might as well get the TDCI focus. ok pa fuel economy nun

1.3 jazz for everyday use hahaha! 1.5 eh sulit lang daw kasi dahil sa dami ng bonus na kasama like what i have mentioned earlier. kaso price niya tumapak na pala sa range ng entry level ng mga compact. tsk tsk..

nasabi mo nga rin pala na hatch yung iko-compare mo. well for me i love the focus hatch more than the jazz kung porma ang paguusapan setting aside the FC. kung nagdidilemma ka dahil sa price, get the focus.
    bang for the buck daw ang higher end na jazz on the other side kaso para sakin hindi reasonable ang 7xx pricetag ng jazz eversince dinala siya dito

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
had my eyes on the new 1.5 a/t honda jazz but then.......