New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Guys help naman! I'll buy my first car. I'm planning to buy a model between 2003-2007. Which is better: LANCER, VIOS, or CITY??? Especially in quality, maintenance, and fuel economy (if you can add more pros and cons, it would be better). Thank you so much tsikoteers for your help!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bro kano budget mo, ingat ka sa mga binaha, baka kaya mo kumuha ng after october or november 2009 na modelo para kahit papano iwas ondoy.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rbs123 View Post
    Guys help naman! I'll buy my first car. I'm planning to buy a model between 2003-2007. Which is better: LANCER, VIOS, or CITY??? Especially in quality, maintenance, and fuel economy (if you can add more pros and cons, it would be better). Thank you so much tsikoteers for your help!
    it depends. what are you going to use it for, and how much are you willing to spend?
    but in general, you can't go wrong with the big 4 japanese.. it'll be just a matter of taste.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rbs123 View Post
    imho lang.

Quality : Vios
    Maintenance: Vios
    FC: Vios
    Space: Lancer
    Resale: Vios/City
    Looks: Lancer/Vios

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why not get a Civic ES (2001-2005) or Toyota Altis or the more recent Civic FD (2006-2011)?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Bro kano budget mo, ingat ka sa mga binaha, baka kaya mo kumuha ng after october or november 2009 na modelo para kahit papano iwas ondoy.
    Bro negative eh... I have only to live with only a budget of up to 300k and sagad na ang 320k. Siguro I'll just do my best to investigate nalang if it's flooded or not and hope for the best hehe.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho lang.

Quality : Vios
    Maintenance: Vios
    FC: Vios
    Space: Lancer
    Resale: Vios/City
    Looks: Lancer/Vios
    Thanks for your honest opinion 1D4LV. But I'm still confused between City and Vios because they both have a fair share of good reviews. Talagang divided ung opinion ng mga tsikoteers over the two.

Btw, which of these cars is more fuel economic? In short, ung mas matipid sa gas. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Why not get a Civic ES (2001-2005) or Toyota Altis or the more recent Civic FD (2006-2011)?
    Yes, I'm Egan101, I'm also trying to check some 2002-2005 Civic and Altis models... nagulat nga ako kasi parang mas mura pa ung mga 2nd hand na Altis models kesa sa Vios hehe.

Since I'm a newbie... Questions lang:

1. Is Civic ES different from the Civic VTI and VTI-S? (some sellers put "dimension body" which I don't know what it is hehe)
    2. Matipid rin ba sa gas an Civic?

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yep, yung Civic ES ay yung "Dimension" body (7th gen Civic). It came in different models locally - LXi, VTI, VTI-S, RS, and 2.0 i-VTEC. Yung "ES" is the chassis/body code. Older Civics were EG and EK, while the newer models are FD and FB. Sa Civic ES, same lang yung engine ng VTI at VTI-S but mas marami safety features yung VTI-S. Pinakagusto ko sa body na ito ay yung flat rear floor and ample interior space. Most would say it gets around 8-9 km/L on city driving conditions which would be good enough. The 2.0L Civic ES has less FC compared to the 1.6L models, though di ako sure dun sa FC ng 1.5L LXi model.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    +1 on the ES Civic. Get the VTi-S M/T for the best of both worlds.