New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    GSR ganda ng porma.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I have both. I prefer the civic because it has a better ride, better performance.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, it depends on what year level of GSR... here in the Philippines, if you want a GSR with ABS, you're stuck with the INVECS manu-matic transmission.

The Civic VTi is definitely more useful, and quicker and peppier than either GSR sold here (the ones with manual trannies have the weaker engine, and the ones with the "127" hp engine have automatics). Just don't get an AT, as they aren't as Honda-fuel efficient as the MTs. MTs have good shift action and ergonomics, and are fun cars.

The GSR, though, is a decent cruiser, and a great car to set up. Steering isn't as good as a Civic or a Lynx, but it'll do. Contrary to popular opinion, the back isn't cramped, it's just not built for more than two people... a limitation of the coupe profile, which makes the back seat narrower. I've ridden in that backseat on two to three hour drives to Batangas, and it's more than just liveable... it's relaxing, with just enough legroom for regular people, but possibly not enough headroom for those who are 5'10" and above.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    3 hours in the back of a GSR, I wouldn't torture anyone for that long in the back seat. For long drives it's not that bad if you are driving I have taken it on a 5 hour drive from San Francisco to LA several times.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I came out okay... but then again, I'm a typically sized Filipino (5'5" only), so that helped. I'm sure no American sized male could live with that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sorry glennster hindi ko kase nabasa e. ^_^

anyway thaks sa lahat ng advise.. appreciate it

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    civic for sure.. i droved one and mas maganda kesa GSR na try ko...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    gsr na lang para maiba... stock 4g92 has decent power and upgradeable to 4g63t from an evo...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    definatly a GSR. bakit? para maiba naman.. tama ung sabi nila. i have nothing against civics ha.. pero grabe kakasawa na itsura nila para porma eh.. pareparehas lang!!

GSR: decent engine.potential engine transplant. great looks lalo na pag setup. chic magnet. only affordable coupe in our country. pang binata. mitsubishi.

CIVIC: vtec.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    civic for me.. pang madamot daw ang gsr e..hehe!
    chaka i like ung performance ng civic! vtec!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
GSR or Civic 97 VTi