New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sir,i say go with the starex gold. we were in that situation around a year ago. pinagpilian din namin super grandia kaso malaki talaga ang difference sa safety and features ng 2. the rear seats of the hiace are permanent while the starex is moveable and really convenient lalo na pag madami dala. you said that 10 will be riding and i know they will fit in the starex.
    http://www.google.com.ph/imglanding?...w=1366&bih=524
    first row----3 persons
    2nd row----3 persons
    3rd/last row--4 persons

maluwag pa yan sir kasi na try na namin ganun.btw,all the seats would slide back and fourth so it would really be handy comfort and cargo wise.HTH

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    IMHO, kahit CVX mas maganda pa rin sa Gold.
    +1 here... mas maganda talaga.. boring yung gold..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the case of HVX and CVX being more bang for the buck over HARI's Gold, I would agree with that. The HVX and CVX have more features and accessories over the Gold that would justify their price. Then again, perhaps other buyers can live with the limited Gold amenities since that's only what they need/want, or perhaps their drivers will be taking the van around anyway. So this point, for me, really depends on the buyer, and what he needs/wants.

Previa and Alphard are only 7 seaters, so definitely it can't meet your load requirements. Unless, of course, you maintain the old van for loading and get either of the two for people carrying. That would be comfy.

The Hi Ace SG, with the last row folded, would seat 7. But yes, there's that occasional D-4D problem which could be yours if you're unlucky with the unit picked for you. Not comfortable with sitting on the engine and being part of the crumple zone as well, if I had the option.

The GS Gold or GLS I think would meet your need. It's 2-3 in the first row, 3 in the 2nd and 3-4 in the 4th. So at least 8 seats. Nice thing about it is you could cramp the 2nd and 3rd row legroom a bit to make room for cargo, if you needed space for people and cargo, or adjust for just people or just cargo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    For your needs, I can see that it's a toss between the Starex and Hi-Ace since you need the extra space. Bigger than that and you may need to look at imported full sized vans or even a minibus.

I have the current model Previa for over 4 years now and it continues to serve my needs very well. Big enough to seat 6-7 with some luggage space yet small enough for me to drive anywhere. Plus ride is very comfortable and it has been very reliable so far. But if I was in the market for a minivan again, I will probably go for the Alphard 3.5.
    Sir I read your post from other thread about your Previa. Just so curious what happened to your intent order? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pwede ba ilipat yung sa last row na 4 seater and ilagay sa 3rd row parang gawing cargo area nalang yung space?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    *jonski: Sa CVX at HVX? oo naman, pwede. Katulad nung local Gold at GLS.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Plus, in terms of looks eh panalo talaga yung Previa. Though I never tried riding in one nor sitting inside yeah .. it looks cramped but hindi naman siguro kayo magiging sardinas if 9 people are seated inside as long as average-sized yung uupo.
    I've ridden in a 2006 Previa (1st gen locally)

Ang sarap sumakay at humiga sa captain chairs o kaya pag solo mo lang yung 3rd row seats.

7-seater lang po yung Previa. Except na lang po kung 5 people ang uupo sa 3rd row seat.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    If money's no issue, I'd go for the Alphard. You see alot of them prowling the streets of Hong Kong as a testament to their "luxury". But they don't come cheap, you can easily buy a Starex and a compact car with the same amount of cash not to mention spare parts is another matter of concern.

Then again, you're hauling more people.. tsk.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Regarding the Starex kasi, we're not really into the features and stuff.

Or are there still configurations that will seat 8-10 within the first 3 rows?
    If you're not too keen about features and stuff. Also, if the power of the Hi-Ace is enough for you, why not try the Grand Starex TCI GLS AT (10 seater) for 1.423M. To save money on your purchase price. It's the cheapest A/T van in the country.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Or if you can want a CRDi VGT A?T 12-Seater Starex CVX with camera for 1.499M

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...+engine+vs+tci

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Grand Starex vs Hi Ace vs Previa/Alphard