New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hyundai Grand Starex, IF gray market version. HVX or CVX.
    The only issue with the grey market Starex is the location of the service center for warranty claims. If you're located at North or South of Luzon, luluwas ka pa sa Quezon Avenue para sa warranty claims.

Pero ang PMS pwede naman sa HARI dealers.

Kung ako kasi, I don't mind kahit malayo pa ang service center. Kahit pa ako o driver ang magdadala. Basta value for money ang nakuha ko. At kumpleto pa ang features.

*Toyota Alphard 3.5 V6 for local version.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    yeah among the choices we may opt for the Grand Starex but ive become a little more curious about the grey market. I will try to go there first before choosing where to buy the van.

So are the prices in the grey market very competitive as compared to HARI?? or its only benefits are more features??

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Dati halos same price lang sila. Ngayon mas mahal na yung HVX sa Gold.

Pero yung price difference ng HVX sa Gold eh sulit naman IMO..

HVX = 1.970M

Gold = 1.818M

I'd still choose the HVX. Kahit ano mangyari.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Dati halos same price lang sila. Ngayon mas mahal na yung HVX sa Gold.

Pero yung price difference ng HVX sa Gold eh sulit naman IMO..

HVX = 1.970M

Gold = 1.818M

I'd still choose the HVX. Kahit ano mangyari.
    IMHO, kahit CVX mas maganda pa rin sa Gold.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    IMHO, kahit CVX mas maganda pa rin sa Gold.
    Mismo!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    GS HVX

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    For your needs, I can see that it's a toss between the Starex and Hi-Ace since you need the extra space. Bigger than that and you may need to look at imported full sized vans or even a minibus.

I have the current model Previa for over 4 years now and it continues to serve my needs very well. Big enough to seat 6-7 with some luggage space yet small enough for me to drive anywhere. Plus ride is very comfortable and it has been very reliable so far. But if I was in the market for a minivan again, I will probably go for the Alphard 3.5.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Actually we're currently leaning towards either the Starex or the HiAce.

Alam kong medyo mas konti talaga yung seating capacity ng Previa/Alphard, but decided to throw it in the mix just so that there are a few more options.

I personally haven't inspected the cars myself, pero pansin ko nga that luggage space MAY be a problem given how the new Starex/HiAce's are configured - 4 passengers now where our luggage used to be.

But given that there's little alternative left, mukhang toss-up nalang nga between the Starex and the HiAce.

Which kaya is the better buy?

Hindi talaga pwede mga grey market imports eh. Di ko matutukan lahat ng kotse namin sa bahay, so we'll really have to go with the CASA on this one. Driver lang minsan nagdadala ng kotse for the regular PMSs, so medyo mahirap kapag magkagulo kapag grey market.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Grand Starex.

Hi-Ace too bland and I personally hate having cars with flat-nosed front ends.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Actually we're currently leaning towards either the Starex or the HiAce.

Alam kong medyo mas konti talaga yung seating capacity ng Previa/Alphard, but decided to throw it in the mix just so that there are a few more options.

I personally haven't inspected the cars myself, pero pansin ko nga that luggage space MAY be a problem given how the new Starex/HiAce's are configured - 4 passengers now where our luggage used to be.

But given that there's little alternative left, mukhang toss-up nalang nga between the Starex and the HiAce.

Which kaya is the better buy?

Hindi talaga pwede mga grey market imports eh. Di ko matutukan lahat ng kotse namin sa bahay, so we'll really have to go with the CASA on this one. Driver lang minsan nagdadala ng kotse for the regular PMSs, so medyo mahirap kapag magkagulo kapag grey market.
    Grand Starex parin. The Hiace, especially the higher variants, are underpowered. Just imagine that piddling engine that barely spews out a hundred horses inside such a monstrous van! An engine that is good enough for the Innova and can barely move the Fortner certainly isn't the one for the Hiace. And if you can't put all of your stuff inside the Starex, you can do what so many Starex owners do- invest on a roof rack and tie up the stuff on the roof! Now that's something the Hiace can't do as it doesn't have roof rails and its height is high enough already as it is... And if you've noticed, the top Hiace variant's price is so dangerously close to that of the Grand Starex, despite having such an inferior engine!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Grand Starex vs Hi Ace vs Previa/Alphard