New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ako, Carens, then Innova D4D, then Livina. Between the Carens and the Innova nasa preferences mo na yan. If you are particular about ride comfort and performance then the Carens is for you, and also the fact that Carens is very popular in the European market and well received by its rental fleets should say a thing or two about its reliability and performance. But if you haul a lot of stuff and/or go to far flung provinces with bad roads often then you may find the truck-based Innova D4D more feasible. Personally I'd pick the Carens CRDi with the 6 speed manual for best performance and fuel economy.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Innova diesel is more practical. Can seat 6-7 people (keep the short ones at the last row hehe). GL is much smaller, width of the 2nd row feels like a fiesta/mazda2 in terms of space. But the interior is much nicer. 3rd row is pretty much for small kids or cargo. Another downer is the lack of a/c vents in the 2nd and 3rd row. Don't know much about the Carens

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Given that you've mentioned fuel economy, go for the Innova Diesel. It's also the largest among the three, so the most practical as well.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    since you're gonna be using it for daily trips, I suggest you test drive.

was picking between these cars last year, chose the carens because of the better ride compared to the innova and adequate space for my family.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kia Carens.

May kasama ako sa TPH may Carens CRDi at Innova D-4D, mas ok daw yung Carens. Mas nilalaspag din niya pero buhay na buhay pa ngayon. Pang-karga ng kung anu-ano.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I have a brother who owns a Vios G AT before and then he replaced it with a 2010 Innova G Diesel AT.
    He told me that his fuel consumption for both cars are fairly same...

I also will pick Innova diesel because of its practicality and value for money.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    may price drop ang carens ngayon.. balik sa dating price.. 800 - 900k lang ata ngayon..

since gagagamitin pang utos at daily drive at minsan out of town trips ok na ang carens kasi matipid na diesel engine yet so powerful. 6 speed M/T din, tamang laki lang at hindi mahirap mag park.. comfortable ride pa

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Our family have all three: livina (gas), innova (diesel, both m/t and a/t), carens (diesel m/t). Least desired is the livina, ang liit niya compared to the others. Comfort, Carens wins. Practicality, innova wins. Ground clearance, depends if you like it low or high, so this is a personal preference. Power: Carens wins. Fuel economy: innova wins even if Carens is 6speed, because Carens is heavier and loses out in our traffic unless you do a lot of highway driving.

Bottom line: It depends on what you are looking for. Choose between the Innova and the Carens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
grand livina, innova or carens