New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for all your inputs, you've all been a big help. I've decided to keep the hi-lander, with its efficiency, reliability practicality and all others mentioned by you in this thread, it's really hard to let it go. My dilemma now is what 2nd car to get, but I've set my sights(for now) on the ff:

1. Sentra series 2
    2. Sentra series 3
    3. Mazda 323 boxtype
    4. Kia Pride (more savings)

The Cefiro is really tempting, with all its features for its price. Practicality though, would still be tops on my list, since my wife would also be using it. So initially I've picked the 4 mentioned above.

Pasensya na at medyo natamaan pa yung mga mayayaman sa thread na it

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    Thanks for all your inputs, you've all been a big help. I've decided to keep the hi-lander, with its efficiency, reliability practicality and all others mentioned by you in this thread, it's really hard to let it go. My dilemma now is what 2nd car to get, but I've set my sights(for now) on the ff:

1. Sentra series 2
    2. Sentra series 3
    3. Mazda 323 boxtype

The Cefiro is really tempting, with all its features for its price. Practicality though, would still be tops on my list, since my wife would also be using it. So initially I've picked the 4 mentioned above.

Kind of OT:

Sir, don't apologize kung tinatamaan man ang mga "can afford" sa thread na ito. Those who get Luxury Cars without a back-up Compact/subcompact practical cars are the only ones who are not really thinking much. Some get cars like Bimmers or Mercs are those who need one like Company Executives, Diplomatic Corps because besides the fact that they can afford one, they need one to have a credible and respectable image that they need in their respective preoccupations. Of course, they do not sport these cars on a daily basis, they use it on occasions like gala nights, socialite events (where they always get invitations), and the likes. in fact, we have a family friend who owns a big business. she drives a BMW (being the CEO of her company) when she's on an important engagement and drives a Chery when she wants to blend on the crowd so that she won't attract attention. And that's just being practical.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    Kind of OT:

Sir, don't apologize kung tinatamaan man ang mga "can afford" sa thread na ito. Those who get Luxury Cars without a back-up Compact/subcompact practical cars are the only ones who are not really thinking much. Some get cars like Bimmers or Mercs are those who need one like Company Executives, Diplomatic Corps because besides the fact that they can afford one, they need one to have a credible and respectable image that they need in their respective preoccupations. Of course, they do not sport these cars on a daily basis, they use it on occasions like gala nights, socialite events (where they always get invitations), and the likes. in fact, we have a family friend who owns a big business. she drives a BMW (being the CEO of her company) when she's on an important engagement and drives a Chery when she wants to blend on the crowd so that she won't attract attention. And that's just being practical.

right on sir I guess it's just a matter of knowing waht your priorities are and what you can afford

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008

1. Sentra series 2
    2. Sentra series 3
    3. Mazda 323 boxtype

To answer the TS question and to sum it up:

Re: give up hi-lander for 2 cars; worth it? (2 older model cars, just to be clear.)

Answer: No its not, in the case of the TS.

Good luck sir! Hmm.. maybe we'll see your new thread here entitled:

Sentra series 2 or Sentra series 3 or Mazda 323 boxtype or Kia Pride

:D
    Question answered! :victory:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, if you feel that the Cefiro is not for you, then get the Sentra Series 3. Try to look for the GTS or Super Touring variant.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    Kind of OT:

yan ang delikadong tao mentally. extremes grabeh, bmw tas chery san ka pa?

puwede naman vios noh

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009

1. Sentra series 2
    2. Sentra series 3
    3. Mazda 323 boxtype

Just a suggestion, why not consider a Toyota Corolla 1.6GLi ?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    why not retain the hi-lander and impon ka na lang for a 2nd car.. hirap kasi yan, parehong 2nd hand ang bibilhin mo at baka 2 din ang maging sakit ng ulo since you might not know the previous owner.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Just a suggestion, why not consider a Toyota Corolla 1.6GLi ?
    ok din sana kayalang because of the higher resale I'd be getting an older model as compared to the cars mentioned

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    So how's it going? Have you decided? Or are you gonna stay on ipon mode first and get a better ride later?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
give up hi-lander for 2 cars; worth it?