New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    What is the best car and powerful but efficient sa gas.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    given the two choices above, hands down sa corolla gli ako. you also have to consider maintenance cost. saka ang alam ko nag 10km/L ang Gli.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK the Lynx is slightly more powerful, more comfortable and has more features but gets poorer fuel mileage as compared to the Corolla GLi.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ok, i prefer the toyota corolla GLi than the Lynx for several reasons.first, classic corolla has a bunch of spare parts around the metro (even in the nearest auto supply in your house, sure ako dyan),second fuel consumption is nice (you can harness an extra mile in the GLi than the lynx),3rd both cars are easy to maintain, when it comes to engine power, YES it is true that the ford lynx is slightly more powerful than the corolla, but for sure you will be satisfied in the corolla's performance at all.

but the downside of toyota corolla in this issue is, it is undeniably that lynx has more features than the GLi.

just an opinion.may i recommend honda civic as your another option? this car is much better than the two car your comparing.
    Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; January 22nd, 2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typographical error

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    The only plus I can think of for the Ford Lynx is it's newer than the Gli. All other points goes to the Corolla, so my vote goes to the Gli.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If you are comparing two pristine condition units. I'd get the Lynx. It has more power, more features and better handling. Fuel economy is subjective to user's driving style. Kahit pa GLi yan kung mabigat ang paa mo, lalakas yan sa gas. My Accent and Vios are considered as thrifty on fuel cars, pero i'm recording a higher FC than most other users kasi hataw ako magmaneho kadalasan. But going back, kung hindi naman maintained unit ang kukunin mo, mag GLi ka na lang kasi mas madali ang source ng pyesa. But then again, in the Lynx hindi ka rin naman mahihirapan if you know to source parts.

Fuel Consumption, Maintenace & Avalability Toyota Corolla GLI VS, Ford Lynx Guia