New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Diesel pards.
    Uy, nice! Benta ko na Vios sa 2015 ...

OT: side comment lang ha, ... NO PUN INTENDED ... can't help it eh. I strolled into a Mitsubishi mall display about a month ago and was dismayed when I saw that the Montero Sport was 4D56 pa pala? .... All the while I thought 4M40 na mga yun. Nawalan tuloy ako ng gana ..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Uy, nice! Benta ko na Vios sa 2015 ...

OT: side comment lang ha, ... NO PUN INTENDED ... can't help it eh. I strolled into a Mitsubishi mall display about a month ago and was dismayed when I saw that the Montero Sport was 4D56 pa pala? .... All the while I thought 4M40 na mga yun. Nawalan tuloy ako ng gana ..
    It's an extremely updated 4d56. We have a couple of the non-vgt version at the office and power and comfort is waay better than the pre-vgt Fortuner 2.5 diesel. Fit and finish and the A/C of the Monty left things to be desired for though and i noticed some light smoke wiff already at idle (2,500kms old).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Incidentally, can anyone confirm if the 2013 Fortuner VVTi variant comes with a touchscreen head unit and how much it would cost to activate the GPS? On the other hand, how much would it cost to upgrade the Innova's head unit to a touchscreen GPS head unit?
    My in-laws' had their Fortuner's HU replaced for about Php40K.
    This includes two headrests with LCD display. The new HU is touch screen and has GPS navigation.
    Installment basis from Toyota San Pablo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's an extremely updated 4d56.
    Hmmm, kaya pala. But, upon learning that it was "still" a 4D56, nawalan talaga ako ng gana.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm, kaya pala. But, upon learning that it was "still" a 4D56, nawalan talaga ako ng gana.
    I was still in short pants when the 4d56 was first brought out here. :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    My in-laws' had their Fortuner's HU replaced for about Php40K.
    This includes two headrests with LCD display. The new HU is touch screen and has GPS navigation.
    Installment basis from Toyota San Pablo.

The agent I talked to assured me that the VVTi variants now have a touchscreen headunit but the GPS is not activated. When i asked him, he couldn't say for sure how much it would cost to activate it.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I was still in short pants when the 4d56 was first brought out here. :D
    Yun na nga eh ...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lots of carmakers extend engine architecture over decades. Just because the crank placement and deck layout are the same doesn't mean the rest of the engine is.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The 4D56 isn't so bad... It just tends to be a bit smoky in some applications- the typical old L300 and most notoriously the Montero Sport. But then having driven a Strada GLS Sport V a few days ago, I have to say the engine performance is definitely impressive, and its only 200kms old! One thing that can be improved upon though is the engine noise. Toyota's 2KD sounds much more refined than this unmistakably truck engine.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    The agent I talked to assured me that the VVTi variants now have a touchscreen headunit but the GPS is not activated. When i asked him, he couldn't say for sure how much it would cost to activate it.

Just asked Toyota Pasig over the weekend and they said that it would cost P25,000 to activate the GPS. This is ridiculous. For that price, I could probably buy an entirely new headunit with GPS activation. I wonder if there are any Tsikoteers here who was able to have their dealers activate the GPS for a lower price?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Fortuner gas variant. This GPS activation is the only remaining issue for me...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast