New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for all the inputs, guys! Really appreciate it.

I'll be getting the car through my company's car plan so it will definitely be a brand new vehicle.

I guess I can consider the Montero GLX AT but I just can't help but wonder that if I do get it, I'll keep on thinking that it would have been great to have gotten the GLS-V instead, with all the added bells and whistles.

Based on most of what has been said here, the Innova G D4D would be the best and most practical choice. To be honest, the pearl white color of this looks very good.

On a related note, however, how is the durability and longevity of the D4D engine? Will it require more maintenance as the years go by as compared to a gas engine? Will the maintenance costs be prohibitive?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    If you look at the shape of Fortuner's body from the front or back, you basically see that the bottom part is wide, the upper isn't.

Ang luwag lang ang yung sa paanan. Pagdating sa katawan, sikip na hehehe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs, guys! Really appreciate it.

I'll be getting the car through my company's car plan so it will definitely be a brand new vehicle.

I guess I can consider the Montero GLX AT but I just can't help but wonder that if I do get it, I'll keep on thinking that it would have been great to have gotten the GLS-V instead, with all the added bells and whistles.

Based on most of what has been said here, the Innova G D4D would be the best and most practical choice. To be honest, the pearl white color of this looks very good.

On a related note, however, how is the durability and longevity of the D4D engine? Will it require more maintenance as the years go by as compared to a gas engine? Will the maintenance costs be prohibitive?
    Sayang, pwede sana 2nd hand GLS-V... But then if you do get the GLX, you can just modify if you want more punch. It really isn't that hard to get 40 more horses out of that engine.

The D4D engine is quite good, according to feedback from friends and acquaintances who have them. Some of them already have six digits on their odometers and still going strong. Maintenance is definitely more expensive than a gas engine but not enough to be called prohibitive. FC and punch is definitely superior. Just follow the PMS and fuel up with clean diesel, and it will serve you well.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I think I should add a bit more info on what's going on in my mind regarding this.... on a purely personal level, I really like how the Fortuner looks like - it's very elegant and refined but rugged and imposing at the same time. It exudes a certain class that I don't think an Innova can match.

HOWEVER, the practicality of an Innova does not escape me. For a lower price, I would get better comfort and better fuel efficiency. But again, the Fortuner is a Fortuner, and an Innova is an Innova.

On a side note, fuel efficiency is not as big an issue for me since my office pays for my gas expenses to a certain extent (basically, they calculated the mileage between my home and my office and will cover my gas expenses for that distance on an assumption of 8 km per liter). In other words, as long as I can hit an average of 8 kms per liter, my gas expenses are covered. But if my fuel efficiency goes lower than 8 kms per liter, I will have to shoulder the difference. Also, this gasoline allowance will only be for a period of 5 years (the length of the car plan). After 5 years, I will be the one responsible for the gas for this car (since it means that I'll be entitled to get another car again under the car plan).

So, the biggest issue for me on the Fortuner would be the passenger space and comfort inside (especially the "matagtag" issue).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

bago na suspension ng Fort ngayon. Get the D4-D Fort na lang ung may hoodscoop for the intercooler para mas lalaong pogi.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

bago na suspension ng Fort ngayon. Get the D4-D Fort na lang ung may hoodscoop for the intercooler para mas lalaong pogi.

If Fort, I can only afford the gas variant. Malayo na masyado sa budget yung diesel variant.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I think I should add a bit more info on what's going on in my mind regarding this.... on a purely personal level, I really like how the Fortuner looks like - it's very elegant and refined but rugged and imposing at the same time. It exudes a certain class that I don't think an Innova can match.

HOWEVER, the practicality of an Innova does not escape me. For a lower price, I would get better comfort and better fuel efficiency. But again, the Fortuner is a Fortuner, and an Innova is an Innova.

On a side note, fuel efficiency is not as big an issue for me since my office pays for my gas expenses to a certain extent (basically, they calculated the mileage between my home and my office and will cover my gas expenses for that distance on an assumption of 8 km per liter). In other words, as long as I can hit an average of 8 kms per liter, my gas expenses are covered. But if my fuel efficiency goes lower than 8 kms per liter, I will have to shoulder the difference. Also, this gasoline allowance will only be for a period of 5 years (the length of the car plan). After 5 years, I will be the one responsible for the gas for this car (since it means that I'll be entitled to get another car again under the car plan).

So, the biggest issue for me on the Fortuner would be the passenger space and comfort inside (especially the "matagtag" issue).
    How about if go on an out of town, long-distance trip? Will your office cover fuel cost for that?

And besides, it is always a nice feeling to achieve high fuel economy and consume less fuel.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    How about if go on an out of town, long-distance trip? Will your office cover fuel cost for that?

And besides, it is always a nice feeling to achieve high fuel economy and consume less fuel.

Nope, the fuel coverage is only for Residence to Office to Residence. But, if fuel efficiency is greater than 8km/l, then whatever fuel savings can be used for personal trips. In other words, I'm allocated a fixed amount of fuel per month based on fuel consumption of 8km/l and distance covered by Residence-Office-Residence. If I'm able to achieve fuel efficiency greater than 8km/l, then I'll have some fuel allowance left over for extra trips.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    If Fort, I can only afford the gas variant. Malayo na masyado sa budget yung diesel variant.

un nga lang sir, pero kung gas variant ang budget mo, go for it na. iba pa rin ang naka Fort.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

Is the suspension really better now? I wouldn't want third row passengers throwing up over my leather seats.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast