New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mga Pare,

Kami ni misis ang nagbabasa ng mga inputs and suggestion's na tumugon sa kahilingan ko.... Maraming Salamat sa lahat.
    Marami na kaming pinagpipilian actually alterra,everest,sportivo and fortuner pero looks like me and my wife agree on one brand ang Fortuner but this time dahil sa mga advice nyo 4x4 3.0 na. Hindi naman malayo sa everest ang torque nya... "mostly go for Heart not their brains" hindi naman siguro masama just this case 'di ba... If eg. piliin namin ang everest or sta.fe hindi mo rin gaanong ma appreciate dahil this is not really ur choice makakarinig ka pang dapat fortuner na lang kinuha mo infact theres no perfect car hindi ba .....Lypsid salamat .... Thanks all

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Low mileage, less than 5 years....2.7G
    Total cost difference is fuel consumption is minimal compared to acquistion cost between gas and diesel. You get the extra oommmphh pa.

Low mileage, more than 5 years....2.5G
    Even though the mileage is low, if you use more than 5 years, your mileage will rack up in due time. Fuel cost difference will already be substantial by then. Diesel ang lalabas mas sulit.

High mileage, less than 5 years....2.5G
    Pag high mileage ka, you really need a diesel. Mas matibay ang diesel engines kasi.

High mileage, more than 5 years....3.0V
    You will recover the extra cost for the 4x4 system if you plan to keep it for a
    very long time. You get power and efficiency....astig pa.

If you have the cash, the 3.0V is the best choice. You get power and efficiency, negate ang cost pag long term.

2.7G, power but not efficiency. The cost savings counteracts the inefficiency, talo ka sa long term. Best value...short time ownership.

2.5G, efficiency but not power. The cost savings....only a little vs. 2.7vvti. Pero panalo ka dito long term is you don't mind less power.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    On some instances you'll hear facts, but most of the time you'll be bombarded w/ biases, left and right. Only a few people can bash the car they bought, and most will turn a blind eye on its flaws. Visit some of the model specific threads (direct competitors) so that you'll see more of the Fortuner's strengths and weaknesses. In the end though, it's still your money, hence your call.

Good luck on your purchase! :D

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HIFI/Kriscube6

Maraming thanks s inyong dalawa appreciated a lot.....
    4x4 na mga repap's kaso na gulo ang isip ko sa everest 4x4 kaso malakas pa rin ang hatak ng fortuner.......

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Among the 2, I'd take the 3.0 4x4. Medyo underpowered daw ang 2.5 D4D since the Fortuner is heavy.

I have the 2.7 VVTi and true enough, medyo matakaw sa gas especially on city driving. Pero sa highway, pumapalo din naman ng 8-9 km/L huwag lang sobrang hataw.

How about the Santa Fe 4x4 CRDi?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by *rnold View Post
    Mga Pare,

Kami ni misis ang nagbabasa ng mga inputs and suggestion's na tumugon sa kahilingan ko.... Maraming Salamat sa lahat.
    Marami na kaming pinagpipilian actually alterra,everest,sportivo and fortuner pero looks like me and my wife agree on one brand ang Fortuner but this time dahil sa mga advice nyo 4x4 3.0 na. Hindi naman malayo sa everest ang torque nya... "mostly go for Heart not their brains" hindi naman siguro masama just this case 'di ba... If eg. piliin namin ang everest or sta.fe hindi mo rin gaanong ma appreciate dahil this is not really ur choice makakarinig ka pang dapat fortuner na lang kinuha mo infact theres no perfect car hindi ba .....Lypsid salamat .... Thanks all
    Go for your heart's choice Arnold; you and your wife won't regret it. I have a 3.0 fortuner and I can assure you that it's one good vehicle. Just check the tire pressure before you leave the dealership. They usually overinflate the tires. The correct TP is 30psi. Good luck!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hats off to you and your wife sir *rnold!! we have a fort 2.7G my family and I really had a hard time choosing which one to buy back in Dec of 06.. and our choices were the FORTUNER, HILUX, DMAX, EVEREST, XTRAIL, or wait for the upcoming new CRV.. but our hearts are really set fot the fort! and over 9 months of ownership 3 trips to bicol and over 8000 Km with it we can say that we are definitely fulfilled and satisfied with our beloved fort.. it actually became our main family car! goodluck on ur purchase!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan17 View Post
    Go for your heart's choice Arnold; you and your wife won't regret it. I have a 3.0 fortuner and I can assure you that it's one good vehicle. Just check the tire pressure before you leave the dealership. They usually overinflate the tires. The correct TP is 30psi. Good luck!

Thanks for your moral support Ryan, ask ko nga si mrs. f she like everest due to some good feedback but my wife say's its up to me but she said 4x4fort pa rin sya.Why naman kase sa dmi dami ng nakbili ng fort wala masyadong lumalantad to enlighten others who ask about this unit at ipagtanggol ang bad feedback about their choice of unit.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Orido View Post
    Hats off to you and your wife sir *rnold!! we have a fort 2.7G my family and I really had a hard time choosing which one to buy back in Dec of 06.. and our choices were the FORTUNER, HILUX, DMAX, EVEREST, XTRAIL, or wait for the upcoming new CRV.. but our hearts are really set fot the fort! and over 9 months of ownership 3 trips to bicol and over 8000 Km with it we can say that we are definitely fulfilled and satisfied with our beloved fort.. it actually became our main family car! goodluck on ur purchase!
    Thanks sir Orido now marami na akong kakampi... My car loan s already been approved by PSbank and BPI a week ago but we took time to discuss and study all pro's and con's on choosing a unit. Our 1st choice was fort talga but reading all comments on all forums other than this site nagulo ang isip namin.

Pero ngayon Definetly fort na talaga but this time 4x4 na. Manny Thanks Guys..........

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    wala un! dont mention it! just remember that those who are silent are the ones that is truly happy but the the ones that is noisy and boastful are the ones who are insecure! just a word of thought sir!

*rnold have fun with your fort! and please do read the threads on the fortuner so that you can anticipate any problems.. kasi xempre not all vehicles are made perfectly even ferrari's fall sometimes you just have to be prepared for it di ba?!..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Fortuner 4x2 2.5AT or 4x4 3.0AT