New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Fort for me.

It's Toyota

Honestly, mas marami kang magagawa sa Fort kesa sa Grandis, high ground clearance, macho look, better resale value, kargahan mo man ng mga mabibigat na bagahe kayang-kaya pa rin. Downside yung matagtag.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I think all Mitsu vehicles doesn't have a one-touch power window roll up button, only one-touch down. The speed sensing door locks can be had by installing an after market alarm that have this feature.
    i tried sa outlander kanina, meron one touch up n down one touch down lang sa paj?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Fort for me.

It's Toyota

Honestly, mas marami kang magagawa sa Fort kesa sa Grandis, high ground clearance, macho look, better resale value, kargahan mo man ng mga mabibigat na bagahe kayang-kaya pa rin. Downside yung matagtag.
    sir, curious ako...

ano magagawa mo sa macho look?
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Reviews from motioncars (in no particular order or ranking)

Mitsubishi Grandis

Toyota Fortuner 2.7G

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    It's a matter of personal choice really. If you want a Van then by all means go for Grandis. But if you want an SUV go for the FORT. Am biased towards an SUV because of it's ruggedness and all around utlity. It most probably can go/do all that the Grandis can but the Grandis can't go/do all that the FORT can. Somehow I feel more safer driving in our country's road condition in an SUV than a Van.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    sir, curious ako...

ano magagawa mo sa macho look?
    Look macho? :lol:

Unfortunately, there is still a stigma against MPV's and minivans in our local culture (just like in the States). Kesyo mukhang pang-pamilya, pang-driver, etc. Image is everything ika nga. hehehe.

To its credit the Fort can do some towing (if you order the optional uber expensive tow hitch). But you can also slap a tow hitch on a Grandis and tow a caravan if you wanted.

The Fortuner can climb curbs and can easily clear other road obstacles/debris. Just don't strayt too far off the beaten path because the 2.7G is a 4x2 and off-road driving is more about traction and control than ground clearance and macho looks. The Grandis will be easier to back up onto a steep and slippery driveway because most of its weight is on the drive wheels. The Fortuner will do the same antics that my former Besta did (spin tires needlessly).

It's still a personal choice. Just weigh all the virtues and the vices.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    laki pala ng discount ng grandis ah, ibig sabihin hindi mabili sa overpriced 1.5M.

pero worth yan at 1.35M pang-family. sikat ka pa kasi rare find sa roads natin

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Look macho? :lol:

Unfortunately, there is still a stigma against MPV's and minivans in our local culture (just like in the States). Kesyo mukhang pang-pamilya, pang-driver, etc. Image is everything ika nga. hehehe.

To its credit the Fort can do some towing (if you order the optional uber expensive tow hitch). But you can also slap a tow hitch on a Grandis and tow a caravan if you wanted.

The Fortuner can climb curbs and can easily clear other road obstacles/debris. Just don't strayt too far off the beaten path because the 2.7G is a 4x2 and off-road driving is more about traction and control than ground clearance and macho looks. The Grandis will be easier to back up onto a steep and slippery driveway because most of its weight is on the drive wheels. The Fortuner will do the same antics that my former Besta did (spin tires needlessly).

It's still a personal choice. Just weigh all the virtues and the vices.
    Agree... it's amazing how many people think that just because it's an "SUV", it'll go anywhere.

Off-roadability is not only about clearance, it's about traction. The Toyota Fortuner 4x2 doesn't have a rear-axle LSD (the Torsen LSD is for the central locking diff of the 4x4). In other words, it's an open rear differential. In other words, just like an FX or Revo, you can get stuck more easily on slippery surfaces.

Unlike the Everest/Ranger, with a rear axle LSD, which gives better traction on slippery surfaces (though it's much better if a locking front differential were available for both vehicles).

Front-wheel drive vehicles like the Grandis have great traction because, like OTEP says, the weight is all over the drive wheels. They're more stable than rear wheel drive vehicles in slippery conditions, and less likely to spin out or tip over. Heck, Junior WRC uses front-wheel drivers. They're very predictable on loose surfaces.

If 99% of your driving is on roads, be they cement or light dirt trails, the Grandis is safer. I take our FWD sedan to our farm (even in the rain) with no problem. It's hard to get stuck, but when you actually do (it takes really deep mud to do it), you simply dig out sideways by turning the wheels.

If you take dirt trails with huge bumps and holes, then a 4x4 Fortuner is better. All a 4x2 will give you is more clearance.

And floodability? Do the smart thing... whatever you're driving, just park it and wait it out. Whether it be an SUV or a van, all vehicles nowadays have electronic boxes that can get ruined by floodwater if you get stuck in the middle too long. About the only current vehicle I'd feel safe in a flood in is a Crosswind... no fancy electronics to go *pffft*. All it needs is a snorkel and it'd be perfect.
    Last edited by niky; July 23rd, 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    i tried sa outlander kanina, meron one touch up n down one touch down lang sa paj?
    Yup, one touch down lang sa Paj.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Agree... it's amazing how many people think that just because it's an "SUV", it'll go anywhere.

Off-roadability is not only about clearance, it's about traction. The Toyota Fortuner 4x2 doesn't have a rear-axle LSD (the Torsen LSD is for the central locking diff of the 4x4). In other words, it's an open rear differential. In other words, just like an FX or Revo, you can get stuck more easily on slippery surfaces.

Unlike the Everest/Ranger, with a rear axle LSD, which gives better traction on slippery surfaces (though it's much better if a locking front differential were available for both vehicles).

Front-wheel drive vehicles like the Grandis have great traction because, like OTEP says, the weight is all over the drive wheels. They're more stable than rear wheel drive vehicles in slippery conditions, and less likely to spin out or tip over. Heck, Junior WRC uses front-wheel drivers. They're very predictable on loose surfaces.

If 99% of your driving is on roads, be they cement or light dirt trails, the Grandis is safer. I take our FWD sedan to our farm (even in the rain) with no problem. It's hard to get stuck, but when you actually do (it takes really deep mud to do it), you simply dig out sideways by turning the wheels.

If you take dirt trails with huge bumps and holes, then a 4x4 Fortuner is better. All a 4x2 will give you is more clearance.

And floodability? Do the smart thing... whatever you're driving, just park it and wait it out. Whether it be an SUV or a van, all vehicles nowadays have electronic boxes that can get ruined by floodwater if you get stuck in the middle too long. About the only current vehicle I'd feel safe in a flood in is a Crosswind... no fancy electronics to go *pffft*. All it needs is a snorkel and it'd be perfect.

yep. i second the motion.. if i have the extra budget, i'll go for the grandis...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
fortuner 2.7G or Grandis?