New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Fort may handle more punishment on rugged terrain as its platform is really a pickup truck (Hilux) but its ride can never be as comfortable as a unibody crossover like the bigger Pajero or smaller Forester.

Among the CUVs, the Forester is the most capable for light offroad purposes. The CRV or CX5 or any other CUV for that matter are softer when compared to the Forester. As long as you don’t go fast thru deep potholes or fly off big humps (things you would not even do with a Fort or Pajero), the Forester will be just fine.

I suggest you try riding a Forester (turbo or not) to give you a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be a pleasure. However, it's too bad I don't know a contact, a relative or a friend who currently owns one and would let me try it out. But the specs are really fascinating, although the cvt is a bummer. They should have offered a manual transmission for this crossover.

What is the top speed of this model?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    That would be a pleasure. However, it's too bad I don't know a contact, a relative or a friend who currently owns one and would let me try it out. But the specs are really fascinating, although the cvt is a bummer. They should have offered a manual transmission for this crossover.

What is the top speed of this model?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Im a subaru fanboy. Had the Legacy GT wagon turbo (prior model to the current one) and the previous and current gen subaru forester turbos. The previous model with the 4AT transmission really gave a kick on the pants when it accelerated. But it was very bare and the NVH wasnt any good. The current one is full of tech and the ride is much quieter and smoother. Though it didnt 'feel' as fast as the prior one because of the CVT. The big 2.5 displacement of the prior model also helped make it have more torque down low in the rev range.

But all things considered....the new FXT is the best crossover in its price range. Nothing can come close.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Hehe the SH9's acceleration really is something else. Sabi nga nila "it's now how fast you're going, but it's how you get there"

True, at its current price point, no japs can match it in terms of performance. You'd have to get yourself a german car, think X3 and Q5 (also think 4 to 5 million).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ You should go to Motor Image and give it a test drive. They will not be bringing over the FXT for 2018 and they are just clearing their 2017 inventory.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Schedule a test drive with Motor Image. They’ll be happy to accommodate you.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    Schedule a test drive with Motor Image. They’ll be happy to accommodate you.

With Motor Image BGC, they will even ask you to find an open stretch of road within BGC where you can floor that gas pedal to allow you some aggressive sprints. Hehehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    FXT all the way! Lalo na wala pang balita for the next model that's equipped with a turbocharger.

Pajero Gas- Too old na ata. Kung yung diesel pwede pang pag-isipan.

Fortuner Gas - Sluggish ata? Hehehe or sanay lang ako sa diesel fortuner.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    With Motor Image BGC, they will even ask you to find an open stretch of road within BGC where you can floor that gas pedal to allow you some aggressive sprints. Hehehe
    I affirm [emoji4] and they'll even let you test the handling on a high speed.

I'm not a speed junkie, though [emoji16]

Anyway, it was the gas-powered Fortuner that went against the Forester i-P when I was planning to buy an SUV in April last year. I come from a family of Toyota loyalists, but jumped the gun in favor of the Forester. No regrets until now, and still enjoying its time with me before letting it go [for my dad].

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gas Engine..

Ok talaga, hindi complicated pag dating sa maintenance, lalo sa engine, FS oil at Premium ang Gamit na gasoline.. tatagal at tagagal ito..

Ang maintenance lang talaga is yung "Gasoline"

Forester XT.. pasok talaga yan.. naka-turbo, saka fuel efficient, AWD pa.. walang problema sa handling yan, lalo kung urban road...

Fortuner Gas, Offset lang yung power-to-weight-ratio... same driving sa 1.6 Sedan.

Pajero Gas BK.. yes, malakas sa malakas, pero willing to wait ba ng kalahating taon bago makuha ang unit?.

Test drive sa mga gas variant, kahit anong brand ng vehicle at type, maganda ang specs sa paper sheet, pero ang actual performance... doon talaga malalaman...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345