New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    i guess im wrong. but from the cars you mentioned the Innova and Vios would be practical for me.. if you buy a fortuner and montero and just drive it where the Innova and vios can go.. then why spend more money on a fortuner or montero.. practicality ba yun?
    Because may pera sila?

For 1.5M, a Fortuner/Montero is more practical than a CX-5/Forester because it seats more, consumes less fuel, has more space, and is more apt for our awful roads and weather.

Also, Fortuners have something that an Innova has none of - image. The latter is a family car through and through while ladder-based SUVs are still SUVs and thus inherently are more respectable to the eyes of the average Juan.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa tibay iba pa din ang ladder frame. Pero kung daily drive, specially kung babae ang gagamit, mas ok ang forester kasi mas manageable siya. Id still rather be in a true H frame than in a crossover. Parng mas safe ang pakiramdam ko eh. But thats just me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    What kind of logic is this? Coming from a person who considered / bought a Kia Soul which also depreciates rather badly, probably even worst than a Subaru Forester.
    My comment emanated from my conversation with a couple of Forester owners, bemoaning their perceived 'disrespectful' quotations they got from 2nd hand buyers. Hence, up to now they can't unload their Subs to purchase more economical cars. It has nothing to do with how I dissected all factors to select the diesel Soul as the best bang for my buck, bar none, for my intended purposes. In this particular matchup, I'll pick the 4x2a/t MU-x over an XT. Heck, I'll be proud to use it as a bridal car, in white pearl of course ^^

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Because may pera sila?

For 1.5M, a Fortuner/Montero is more practical than a CX-5/Forester because it seats more, consumes less fuel, has more space, and is more apt for our awful roads and weather.

Also, Fortuners have something that an Innova has none of - image. The latter is a family car through and through while ladder-based SUVs are still SUVs and thus inherently are more respectable to the eyes of the average Juan.

back to my first post.. practicality comes last.. kasi mai pera naman.. image is not bein practical.. i think. By the way the under chassis of the innova and fortuner are the same..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    back to my first post.. practicality comes last.. kasi mai pera naman.. image is not bein practical.. i think. By the way the under chassis of the innova and fortuner are the same..
    Di pwedeng both practical and maganda?

The Innova is the most practical car in the country but I'd never buy a car that I'm not happy with so I'll buy a Fortuner which is equally practical but is actually a likeable car.

Ang OA ng practicality comes last. Sana ang taas ng benta ng 86 and Genesis Coupe if people didn't value practicality highly.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Di pwedeng both practical and maganda?

The Innova is the most practical car in the country but I'd never buy a car that I'm not happy with so I'll buy a Fortuner which is equally practical but is actually a likeable car.

Ang OA ng practicality comes last. Sana ang taas ng benta ng 86 and Genesis Coupe if people didn't value practicality highly.

i guess your right.. when you have the money, you always chose a car that like. Image is first though right?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Fuel efficiency and space mux
    Speed and porma(although it's not really my type) forester

Consider
    Trailblazer
    Santa fe
    Sorento

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks guys.

Mahirap din magdecide. Either you go to what your heart desires or what your mind tells you.

So I have asked the question which has the Wow factor pag dumating ka.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ "what your heart desires" of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123